Home » Social Service Resume
» Sample Counselor (Career Changer) Resume
Counselor (Career Change) Resume
Counselor (Career Change) resume must be professionally exceptional and perfect enough to assist you in climbing the corporate ladder faster, and easily. Your resume must focus on your educational background, overall work experience, and additional achievements in order to avail the applied job opportunity. In order to get the job of your choice, you have to mention your aims and objectives towards the applied job profession. This can grab the very attention of your employer and can help you in getting selected for an interview.
Career change counselor play an important role in shaping the life of the confused candidates. They help the individuals who wish to choose a different career, and explore in their changed profession. Basically, they are responsible for guiding the people to get into their right field, create interest in their respective profession, etc. Most of the counselors conduct several tests in order to advice the candidates about heir preferred choices they desire to work with the people.
Therefore, individuals willing to serve this social and physiological profession should possess complete knowledge in order to excel in their profession. Here, you are provided with a sample that can assist you in preparing your letter for the position of career change counselor.
Counselor (Career Change) Resume
Franklin T. Sutton
3274 Todds Lane,
San Antonio, TX - 78258
Contact no. : (435) 452-6980
Seeking a better position as a Career Change Counselor, at a well-established institution, where I can apply my exceptional skills and abilities in the field of consultancy. Wish to build my communicational skills and experience in shaping bright futures.
Five years of experience in the field of counseling; trained, and expert in communicating with students and adults regarding their career change. Awarded for handling the job placements and training sessions.
Certified Program in Career Counseling from Spring Hill College, Alabama, AL
Completed Post Graduation in Principles of Counseling and Psychotherapy Techniques from A.T. Still University of Health Sciences, Arizona, AZ, in March 2003 - Grade A
Completed Graduation in Human Growth and Development from New Jersey College, New Jersey, NJ, in 2001 - Grade A
Completed High School from Simmons Community High School, in 1998 with Grade A in Commerce
Technical and Professional Skills:
- Five years of experience in the field of counseling
- Exceptional knowledge and understanding for carefully evaluating career choices
- Possess exceptional verbal communicational abilities
- Capable of working under peer pressure efficiently
- Experienced in handling the counseling session for students, and help them in career options
- Skilled and expert in solving mental and emotional conflicts
- Expert in handling, and carrying out various psychosocial tests and experiments
- Qualified and well-trained to skillfully work on varied kinds of Microsoft packages like MS-Access, MS-Excel and other MS-Office software packages
- Expert to work on different kinds of platforms like Windows XP, Windows Vista, etc.
- Organized, and capable of evaluating various problematic issues and providing appropriate guidance
- Expert in maintaining number of career issues, conducting tests and experiments for evaluations, guiding them for proper career change, etc.
Current Employer: Miles College (2007 - till date)
Designation: Counselor (Career Change)
- Handled the admission procedures, and guided the student in selecting appropriate career options
- Efficiently communicated with the students and their parents, in order to opt for better career options
- Handled the college policy, and associated procedures, and efficiently compiled as per the federal regulations
- Maintained healthy and professional relationship with educational programs, and skillfully addressed to the students
- Responsibly handled and administered the important paper work, and associated financial portfolios
Previous Employer: Lawrence & Sons Financial Associates (2006-2007)
Designation: Assistant Counselor (Career Change)
Achievements and Awards:
- Guided the candidates, and resolved their professional problems, as well as offered them proper career options
- Looked after the administrative policies and procedures, and assisted in regulating them effectively
- Handled the career pathways, and informed the HR managers to refer appropriate candidates to appropriate job positions
- Handled various conferences, meetings, and presentations regarding counseling for career options
- Solved the problems of employees, and guided them towards better career options or job placements
Mobility and Flexibility:
- Awarded for efficiently handling the financial and social problems of the employees
- Persistent candidate and winner of several awards for handling the institutional policies and procedures, and guiding students about better career options
- Awarded for supervising the educational programs, handling the career goals, address the parents and students about career change, etc., at workplace, in Miles College
- Winning team member of the regional level handball team, New Jersey
- Awarded with ‘Best Counselor’ award for maintaining the client relationship, guiding the employees towards better career options, etc., at workplace in Lawrence & Sons Financial Associates
Willing to relocate anywhere in Monte Carlo and New York
I hereby declare that the above-mentioned information is correct and true as per my knowledge.
Franklin T. Sutton
In here, you are offered a free resume sample that would guide you in building your exceptional resume application. You have to draft a perfect sample that can grab the attention of your reader, and assist you in building your professional career.
Now a days along with resume, cover letter is also important. To build a impression on recruiter, refer this cover letter for youth counselor.