Home » Medical Resume
» Sample Surgeon Resume
Surgeon resume must be professional, informative, and comprehensive enough to create a first, and everlasting impression on your potential job employer. However, in this employment world, you are only selected for an interview process through your exceptional resume application. Therefore, you have to skillfully draft your application that portrays your educational credentials, overall job experience, and additional accomplishments. These are some of the key factors that helps you in getting selected for an interview, and applied job position.
Particularly, this is a medical profession, and therefore, you would find varieties of surgeons performing a wide array of operational functions. In addition, there are different kinds of doctors or surgeons, who are mainly classified on their field and job responsibilities. Basically, they are responsible for handling different kinds of surgeries, treat general, and complex diseases, operate various sensitive injuries, etc. In other words, they are solely in-charge of following established surgical norms and conditions, analyze the patient through their medical case history, and perform various operations on the patients body.
Therefore, candidates willing to be a part of this honorable, and helpful profession should possess complete knowledge and experience along with an impressive resume application. A perfect resume sample is offered for your assistance for the position of a Surgeon.
Meredith E. Shepard
392 Hilltop Haven Drive,
Newark, NJ – 07102
Contact no. : (973) 878-6494
Seeking a better position as a Surgeon in a well-established medical institution, where I can skillfully utilize my exceptional surgical skills and practices for the betterment of the patients, and the medical field. Willing to enhance my knowledge and experience for carrying a successful medical procedure.
Skilled, well-trained, and expert in handling various critical cases; ten years of complete experience in the this surgical field. Awarded for researching various alternatives towards general surgery, and neurological surgery.
- Certified Program in Neurological Surgery from University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, CO
- Completed Post Graduation in Physiology from Cornell University, Ithaca, NJ, in March 2003 – Grade A
- Completed Graduation in Human Biology from Dartmouth College, New Hampshire, NH, in 2001 – Grade A
- Completed High School from Gilmore Community High School, in 1998 with Grade A in Science
- Ten years of complete experience in the surgical field
- Expert, and completely proficient in handling the medical, and associated surgical technology
- Possess exceptional communicational, and interpersonal skills and abilities
- Capable of handling critical and quite complicated surgical cases efficiently
- Capable of working under pressure situations with precision, and less supervision
- Skilled in understanding the problems of the patients, and communicating with them skillfully
Technical and Professional Skills:
- Comfortable in handling various kinds of cash control devices and instruments
- Qualified and well-trained to work on varied kinds of Microsoft packages like MS-Access, MS-Excel, and other MS-Office software packages
- Competent to work on different kinds of platforms like Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux, UNIX, etc.
- Organized and capable of handling different mathematical calculations on computers
- Expert in handling the daily accounts and associated transactions, supervise and check the proper cost of the products, report any kind of account discrepancies, etc.
Current Employer: Seattle Grace Mercy West General Hospital (2007 – till date)
Designation: Attending Surgeon
- Analyzed the patients medical case history, physical conditions, examination reports, and medication allergies in order to verify the operating necessities
- Communicated with different patients, and solved their problems regarding various kinds of health issues, post-operative treatments, medication procedures, etc.
- Responsibly examined the patients, and offered appropriate information on their medical condition, and informed them about the surgical risk
- Supervised the sterilization procedures of the surgical instruments, and guided the interns about their surgical duties
Previous Employer: John Hopkins Research Center (2006-2007)
Designation: Resident Surgeon
- Assisted the senior attending, and chief of surgery in handling important neurological surgeries
- Supported the team of surgeons, and executed various operations as per the specified rules and regulations
- Gathered all the sterilized surgical instruments required for the procedures, and prepped the patient for the surgery
- Handled various other activities like maintaining reports, administering anesthesia, dressing the general, and complex wounds, etc.
- Assisted the staff members, and nurses in dressing up the wounds, collect the required reports from the lab, etc.
Achievements and Awards:
- Awarded for handling the critical neurological cases, performed various clinical research
- Winner of different awards for coordinating, and handling the clinical research for speech and Hearing cases
- Awarded for handling the surgical cases, assisting in medical consultations, supervising the surgical risk, etc. at workplace in Seattle Grace Mercy West General Hospital
- Winning Team member of the Regional level handball team, New Jersey
- Awarded with ‘Best Surgeon’ award for examining the critical cases, maintaining pre-ops, and post-ops
- regarding surgeries, referring patients to medical specialist, etc. at workplace in John Hopkins Research Center
- American College of General Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American College of Chest Physicians
- Association of Military Surgeons of the United States
Mobility and Flexibility:
Willing to relocate anywhere in Seattle and Boston
I hereby declare that the above-mentioned information is correct and true as per my knowledge.
Meredith E. Shepard
In here, you are provided with a free resume sample for the position of a Surgeon. This sample application can certainly guide you in constructing your resume, and assist you in achieving your desired goals and objectives. However, your exceptional knowledge and experience can surely help you in achieving your professional career aims, and excel in your career.