Home » Education Resume
» Sample Choir Teacher Resume
Choir Teacher Resume
A choir teacher resume is written by a person with adequate and enough knowledge about music and good confidence that she possess the ability and skills to share her knowledge with others in a manner to teach them efficiently. This is a highly specialized field of work and requires a lot of dedication on the part of the learner. In addition, a lot of discipline is also needed in order to properly dedicate oneself to the sole purpose of learning the right manner to perform this form of art.
Such people may find jobs in schools, music troupes, orchestras, opera houses, and other related organizations. The resume for this position will include the applicant's total work experience till date, summary of all the major work done by him in this field, skills that he possess that can help him to perform his work efficiently, and relevant education that he has completed in this regard.
All these important points have to be written in bullet points, with the help of short phrases. The language needs to be simple and the style formal, which is the case with all resumes for the fact that these are important official documents or pieces that will govern your chances of selection. In each of such resumes, one needs to follow a particular pattern and format. This pattern and format have been given here in the following part of this article for your reference.
Refer it and understand the nuances before starting to write your own resume.
11, North Side, 67 St.
Carlisle, MA 01741
To teach students music and various other musical instruments along with the techniques of singing in a choir formation.
- Experienced as a private choir teacher of elementary level; worked with St. Augustine School, New Orleans
- Music director for JKH Troupe on their tour to Chicago in 2014
- Member of the musical theater group Panama Tailors in New York, 2012
- Directed two choirs and 3 musical plays for FrostX Productions in the town of Reddings, London
- Experienced as a music director for 3 years for Woodside Lawn School's theater group
- Class teacher at Salisbury High School also teaching music and singing
- Thorough knowledge of music, singing styles, and musical instruments
- Up to date with all the latest developments in the world of singing
- Good and helpful in handling kids of all ages
- Excellent time management skills for completing tasks on time
- Ability to handle students of various kinds, tempo, and disposition
- Ability to work under demanding situations and also put up a good show
- Ability to do multitasking with an initiative taking personality
- Effective techniques of teaching students the right ways of handling their vocals
- Excellent communication skills which are useful in reaching out to children
Performances Till Date
- Opera Diva, Los Angles - Performed as a soloist in the yearly convention program of July, 2013 along with various other professional singers and musicians from across the country
- Took part in KY Opera Program in London as a soloist in a band troupe
- Performed for various theater performances across America and also took a trip to London and Australia for participating in various experimental theater performances
- Acted in the musical version of plays such as Othello, Zita Maria, Norman's Duel, and Singing in the Rain
- Prepared a video for creating a self-help CD on 'Basics of Choir Singing for Theater' to be sold on Amazon and iTunes
Music Teacher (2010-2013)
- Taught folk songs to students participating in choir singing for the school
- Introduced various techniques of singing, using instructional techniques that are suitable and easy to learn for every student
- Conducted choir practices for all intra and inter school performances, including bands, chorus, orchestra, and theater plays
- Introduced students to the technical aspects of music, taught the relevant music theories, and gave a strong foundation to their training
- Elementary Music Teacher's Training, University of CA, Belmont, CA, 2010
- M.A. in Vocal Arts, Notre Dame de Namur University, Belmont, CA, 2009
- B.A. in Music with Honors, University of CA, Santa Barbara, CA, 2007
(Using the bullet points format, list some of the important professional achievements of your career.)
This is how a choir teacher resume is written in a proper manner. You may also refer it for getting an idea of how to write a music teacher resume. Observe how this sample has been divided into various distinct sections with clear headings for each one of them. These headings are necessary to categorize the information in the resume; all this is done for the ease of the reader who can then easily find his way through all the information to the required parts.
All the best for your job search!