Home » Science Resume
» Sample Laboratory Assistant Resume
Laboratory Assistant Resume
The profession of a laboratory assistant is quite standardized and an extremely responsible one. It is mainly because; they are completely responsible for planning, designing, and execution of various important research and crucial lab work. In addition, they are also in charge of verifying different kinds of chemicals, testing the sensitive antibodies and its molecular compounds, determining the physical properties and its natural characteristics of specified chemicals, maintaining records of all data during testing and experiments, etc.
Ruth R. Sibley
774 Grey Fox Farm Road,
Houston, TX - 77077
Contact no. : (281) 754-9959
Aspire to work in a well-reputed organization, and assist the achievement of the data by using the technical expertise. Willing to utilize my professional skills and abilities in a demanding lab, as a skilled Laboratory Assistant.
Six years of experience in this field as a Laboratory Assistant. Capable of dealing with sensitive experiments and complex lab projects. Awarded for motivating and handling a team of 20+ in complex research analysis work.
- Certified in Data Orientation and Lab Management from Eastern University, Pennsylvania, PA
- Completed Post Graduation in Physiological Chemistry and Applied Science, from Ave Columbia International University, South Carolina, SC, in March 2003 - Grade A
- Completed Graduation in Microbiology from Arizona State University, Arizona, AZ, in 2001 - Grade A
- Completed High School from Alabama Community High School, in 1998 with Grade A in Science
- Outstanding and exceptional communicational and interpersonal abilities
- Six years of experience in the field of lab management
- Skilled in handling every project details and sensitive experimental records
- Capable of handling a huge network of lab co-workers efficiently
- Responsible of dealing with assigned lab projects and associated research work
- Extremely focused and determined in handling research and lab work
Technical and Professional Skills:
- Expert and competent in handling different Microsoft packages such as MS-Access, MS-Excel and other MS-Office softwares
- Efficient in performing technical and assigned lab duties efficiently
- Well-trained and comfortable in dealing with complex and sensitive laboratory equipment
- Efficient in monitoring automated lab instruments and its associated outcomes
- Competent in maintaining documentation work, supervising lab area zone, facilitating production, etc.
Current Employer: Micron Lab Incorporation Pvt. Ltd. (2007 - till date)
Designation: Laboratory Assistant
- Handled and analyzed various specimens and samples brought into the lab for testing and identification
- Assembled and sterilized every equipment and instrument for dispensing different vaccines, serums, antitoxins, etc.
- Assisted professionals in preparing the microscopic slides, handling testing samples, cleaning the instruments, etc.
- Maintained systematic and complete records of every data, and conducted experiments in laboratory
- Handled and operated complex, sensitive, and automated instruments of lab for major research work
Previous Employer: New England Cancer Institute (2006-2007)
Designation: Junior Laboratory Assistant
- Efficiently maintained the analysis of DNA sequence, DNA purifications, SI mapping, etc.
- Synthesis of various nucleotides, nucleosides, and their associated important derivatives
- Assisted the expertise and oncologist in encouraging patients to go for therapeutic sessions and activities
- Efficiently handled complex and sensitive experiments conducted in the lab for future research work
- Designed and performed various experiments to assess different cancer related properties and their associated symptoms
Achievements and Awards:
Mobility and Flexibility:
- Awarded for efficiently writing and filing the appropriate research and presentation work
- Winner of several awards for handling the lab work related to harvesting of tissues, detection of different chemical and molecular compounds, etc.
- Rewarded for maintaining proper records, labeling the assigned specimens, delivering the reports after testing, etc., at workplace in New England Cancer Institute
- Awarded with 'Best Laboratory Assistant' award, for monitoring the sensitive equipment, inspecting the finished experiments, testing the equipped probes, etc., at workplace in Micron Lab Incorporation Pvt. Ltd.
Willing to relocate anywhere in Virginia and Washington D.C.
I hereby declare that the above-mentioned information is correct and true as per my knowledge.
Ruth R. Sibley