A court reporter resume is required by professionals who specialize in recording conversations during the legal proceedings in the court, and preparing transcripts of the same, to be recorded for future reference.
S/he would be required to possess typing speed and be able to record data both manually and through electronic devices. The sample court reporter resume shared below highlights skill-sets required to deliver the job responsibilities efficiently. Candidates may also find the job description provided by the employers helpful in effectively targeting the job requirements as defined by the employers. The information retrieved can than be selectively used to target specific requirements of the recruiters, by highlighting the skill-sets and credentials selectively. For detailed and precise information, candidates may refer to the court reporter resume sample given below.
Sample Court Reporter Resume
(For candidate with experience)
Brenda L. Morales
1008 Snider Street
Colorado – 80112
Tel: (720) 235 4585
In quest of assignments in the field of legal administration with opportunities to explore my skill-sets, and contribute towards achieving the desired objectives, and for personal growth and development.
An experienced court reporter with 6 years of experience in documenting transcripts of conversations at the legal proceedings in the district court. I have also worked with attorneys and helped them with various legal processes such as case investigations, preparation of legal documents and reports, etc., all required for different processes. Core competencies include, but are not limited to, digital and stenographic court reporting, developing research, verifying documents and evidences submitted at court, interpreting court guidelines, and ensuring due protocols are observed by all.
Court Reporter - Electronic
Accurate Court Reporting Inc., Lakeside Ln., Denver, CO
(2010 – till date)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for preparing electronic transcripts of conversations and arguments during the legal proceedings
- To prepare physical documents of court recordings and file the same appropriately
- To reproduce all recordings as and when required for review and analysis
- Accurately record, prepare transcripts, and certify the court records of jury trials, by using various digital medias such as video recorder, audio recorder, etc.
- Ensure court reporting is not interrupted due to system failure by keeping alternate back up system ready
- To distribute transcripts and related documents to concerned parties and agencies
- Responsible for various other administrative tasks such as answering phones, filing reports, managing the database, updating the system, scheduling trials etc.
- Assisted attorneys with preparation of legal documents
- Submitted documents and evidences for scrutiny and presented necessary reports to judges
- Acted as contact point for clients
- Ensured various reporting equipment are in serviceable condition
- Maintained inventory of equipment used in the court
- Maintained record of all data and information collected and stored in the reporting room
- Assisted new staff in learning electronic reporting techniques and use of equipment
- Organized and assisted in installation of various tools and equipment required for reporting services
- Coordinated with court reporters in other court rooms for ensuring all proceedings are recorded appropriately
- Coordinated with private court reporting firms for providing services in various unsolicited situations
Littleton Criminal Court, Yellow Flax, Littleton, CO
(2006 – 2010)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare manual transcripts of proceedings in the court
- Handled responsibility of preparing court memos and notices
- To prepare various legal documents
- Collect documents submitted and lawyers, and submit them for scrutiny and authentication
- Assisted judges and lawyers in preparing trial records
- Recorded all conversations, arguments, and speeches,and prepared transcripts of the same to be filed in the records room
- Shared various documents and information with external agencies
- Provided data entry and document processing services for attorneys
- Interpreted court guidelines
- Handled general correspondences between the court and third parties
- Provided administrative support to ensure smooth court proceedings
- Compiled all reports and submitted the for analysis
- Transcribed audio and video recordings in to hard copies
- Typing speed: 35-40 wpm
- In depth knowledge of court operations and legal processes involved
- Adept at preparing legal documents
- MS Office expertise
- Analytical skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Meticulous work approach
- Communication skills, written and oral
- Effective time management ability
Associate's Degree in Court Reporting
Everest College, Grant St., Thornton, CO
(2003 – 2006)
B.Com (Bachelors in Communication)
Denver Commerce School, Park Meadows Dr., Lone Tree, CO
(2001 – 2003)
Suitable references could be made available on prior information, if required.
I acknowledge that sharing of false or misleading information can lead to termination of candidature, and legal actions may be taken.
|Name: Brenda L. Morales||Date: April 05, 2012||Place: Centennial, CO|
In the above given court reporter resume example, candidates can incorporate their personal ideas to make it more personalized, and convenient for justification during the interview. We hope candidates find the sample resume relevant and informative.