Home » Fire Resume
» Sample Fire Inspector Resume
Fire Inspector Resume
Besides regular inspections of the buildings, a fire inspector has to inspect installation, storage, delivery and transportation of petroleum products regarding the fulfilment of State laws. He or she has the responsibility to determine the reasons for the fire to start out or investigate for the possible signs of fire starting. A fire inspector is able to carry out the tests with the help of sprinklers, fire alarms, fire extinguishers and several fire protection systems.
A fire inspector has to deal with and manage the investigation on reported fire with the available evidence preservation, court testimony and writing of reports. Besides inspecting the nursing homes, hospitals and buildings, a fire inspector is also responsible to inspect the buildings where the construction is under progress. He or she is also responsible to find out the undetermined origin of fire. He/she has to work with police department, in case of reported suspicious fire accidents.
A fire inspector is also responsible to organise educational programs on fire safety presentation in educational institutions, civic groups and other organisations, in which the lessons on how to prevent fire, how to use fire extinguishers, general fire safety tips and how to escape in the event of a fire are taught with possible demonstration.
4941, Killdeer Drive
I am seeking for an opportunity to become a Fire Inspector to utilise my potential for the welfare of the company, to which I am posted.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Extensively trained in investigating fire and other related explosions.
- Proficient with fire alarms systems and possess knowledge about how to fix them at places like houses, buildings, etc.
- Thorough with fire prevention techniques and possess good knowledge on the operational part of the techniques.
- Possess deep knowledge of existing and improved fire investigation methods.
- Have the ability to train the junior fire inspectors and fire fighters in many standard procedures such lifting of weights, climbing of stairs and ladders and operation of fire extinguishers.
- Possess computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and internet applications.
- Have the ability to find out the defaults and deficiencies in electrical wire connections in the buildings.
- Possess excellent capacity to write proper reports on the inspections performed noting down the fire code violations observed and to offer remedial measures to set right these violations.
Present Position: Fire Inspector
Company: Fire Fighters, Atlanta, GA
Period: January, 2006 to till date
- Have inspected the buildings under control for any faulty electrical wiring, absence of fire extinguishers and emergency exits.
- Have recommended necessary actions required for following the codes and procedures to be strictly followed.
- During inspections, verified that fire installation systems are working in accordance with the specifications.
- Have analysed and reviewed the blueprints, layout, etc. of the proposed new buildings and buildings for renovation and ensured that they are planned to meet the fire safety requirements and structures and for provision of appropriate functional exits.
- Have arranged for mock fire fighting experiments to create awareness among the people.
- Have repaired and replaced fire fighting equipment such as fire extinguishers, sprinklers, etc.
Position: Fire Inspector
Firm: Efficient Fire Fighters, Ashville, NC
Period: January, 2001 to December, 2005
- Had inspected the petrol bunks, installation of liquefied petroleum containers for the fire safety methods followed and verify that they are in accordance with the regulations prescribed.
- Had reviewed many applications in connection with public assemblies and meetings and gave required permits and licenses as per the provisions of the law.
- In case of fire accidents, monitored the cause of fire by conducting proper investigations and recommended essential steps to be taken to avoid such incidents in future.
- Had reviewed various endorsement procedures and recommended for changes, if any, that are essentially required to meet the fire codes and regulations.
I have a Bachelor's degree in Fire Science from a College in North Dakota.
I am a certified fire instructor.
Possess a valid driver's license
Available on request