Home » Engineering Resume
» Sample Instrument And Control Engineer Resume
Instrument and Control Engineer Resume
A instrument and control engineer resume is an important piece of official document. it is a resume for those professionals who have the job of researching, developing and testing equipment that is used for monitoring and regulating machines, workers and other systems and processes. Such an individual needs to have a complete knowledge of all the mechanical and technical aspects of the operations across the company because it is ultimately their job to ensure that all these processes across all the operations- be it supply chain, production, or procurement, go on smoothly and follow the planned schedule.
In order to write a good resume with the right information and the right length, you must first know about the various kinds of resume formats that are available to the applicants. An applicant can make a choice out of these formats (chronological resume, targeted resume, combination resume and functional resume) depending upon his/ her requirements. In order to know more about these formats, you can search them on the internet. However, for the argument's sake, we shall, here consider using a combination resume format, which is by the way the most preferred format choice of many applicants. Irrespective of the resume format, the body is divided into various headings and subheadings. These headings are followed by a number of bullet points carrying information in short and crisp sentences. Let's see the chronological order of these headings.
- Objective Statement - This is a declarative statement in which you tell the reader about the level of passion and hard work you are ready to put into the work at hand and that your aim is to bring profits to the company. The recruiter will always like to hear this last point- profit.
- Profile Summary - This is the section that carries a total of some of the most important facts concerning your profile, including your Unique Selling Proposition (USP), any one major achievement, your work for a major/ well known company or an important project that you undertook. Remember, do not overpopulate any of the section with too many points. Just stick to the important ones.
- Skills Summary - It is a brief summary, in bullet points form, of your most important skills that are also relevant to the job at hand. Don't use too long sentences. Just short, phrases will do.
- Work Experience - This is to be written in a reverse chronological order, starting with the most recent or present job and going back to the older ones. You need to mention the company's name, your designation there and the amount of time served there.
- Education Qualifications - This section, too, needs to be written in the same format of reverse chronological order, where you will mention your degrees and diplomas according to the year of passing. Mention the course's name, college's name and the university from where it was done.
- Achievements - Mention the achievements made in your career till date. Write about any company awards or certificates won by you or any other kind of achievement.
So these are the sections that make up for a good and industry standard resume draft. Following is a sample resume for you.
Instrument And Control Engineer Resume
12 Robertson Street, Ellensburg, Los Angeles
Contact Details: (123) 776-0292
To make use of my expertise in the field of instrumentation and control and dedicatedly work towards improving the production and distribution processes of the company.
- Total experience of 5 years in the field of instrumenting and commissioning new control systems for better productivity of the companies.
- Good experience gathered in planning and developing custom software programs to predict and lay down development maps for the concerned processes.
- USP in distributed control systems and supervisory control and data acquisition systems.
- Good knowledge successfully managing various operations along with leading the subordinates in a team.
- Active participation in all the fun and sports activities of the work place.
- Good at working around the given budget limits, extending it if absolutely necessary.
- Worked with some well-known companies like Marshal Electronic Systems and Focus Group.
- Efficient designing and implementation of new control and monitoring systems for the factory floor.
- Good at collaborating with different experts in operations, production, marketing among other internal officials.
- Great managerial level skills for tackling a staff comprised of varied nature of people.
- Great at communicating with the colleagues and subordinates and ensuring the right message goes across.
- Good at managing time efficiently for better productivity and improved lifestyle.
Marshal Electronic Systems, Los Angeles
Instrumentation Engineer (2009-Present)
- Planning and coordinating procedures and operations with the help of the instrumentation and monitoring systems put in place.
- Assist in guiding special process studies and automation of the relevant processes.
- Check the performance levels of the technician and mechanic staff working on the generator manufacturing belt.
- Check and record any technical problems in the control systems implemented by my team and working towards resolving it.
- Ensuring that all the safety and health measures are being taken and remedial planning, in case of any accidents, is in place.
- Advise the company on adoption and implementation of new and upgreaded processes.
Focus Group, New York
Assistant Control Engineer (2007-2009)
- Supporting the senior staff in research and development of mechanical and HRD control systems.
- Attending company meetings and preparing presentations of our latest beta stage models for presenting before the managers.
- Conducting training of the new joinees and taking them through the various processes and procedures in place throughout the work floor.
- Diploma in Technical Instrumentation Processes, STG College, 2006
- Mechanical Engineering from the New York University, 2005
This is how an instrument and control engineer resume is written. As it has been showcased here, the language is pretty simple and the flow is in accordance with the combination resume format. So all the best with writing your resume.