Home » Consultant Resume
» Sample Management Consultant Resume
Management Consultant Resume
Applicants applying for the position of a Management Consultant must choreograph a resume that explains their knowledge and acquaintance in complex business processes and industry practices, organization supervision, and administrative management. A Management Consultant is a person who analyzes the management of an organization, and recommends new plans and programs in specific areas that needs improvement, contributing in the smooth working and functioning of the firm. Management consultancy has become increasingly popular over the last few decades, as there has been a steady increase in the number of large profit earning multinational organizations, which requires management consultants to manage and improve their existing working procedures for uninterrupted functioning and successful achievement of the desired goals.
Writing a resume is not a difficult task, but many of us fail to do so, as we are not aware of the basic rules that are involved in writing a resume. Applicants applying for the position, and facing difficulty in drafting a proper resume can take help of the below mentioned tips and sample for constructing their own resume.
Tips for writing a Management Consultant Resume
- Format: Use an appropriate format while writing your resume. Format is important, as it provides your resume the basic structure and form that differentiates it from other documents.
- Mention your personal details: Write your name, with proper postal address, telephone number, email address, etc., in the beginning. The recruiter will try to contact you in case your resume gets approved, and therefore, you must provide appropriate contact details.
- Mention your objective: Clearly mention what you are looking for, and what you wish to deliver thorough your knowledge and acquaintance, if your are appointed for the position.
- Highlight your skills and expertise: Your skills and expertise counts, as the recruiter will judge on your eligibility by reviewing your knowledge and talents.
- Describe your professional experience: Write about the professional exposure you received in the past, and mention the duties and responsibilities performed in each organization you were associated with.
- Write in official tone: The language you use in you resume must be formal. You must make sure that there is no use of casual words or phrases, as this may hamper the quality of the resume.
- Make it short and brief: Your resume must not be lengthy and must contain only relevant facts and figures. Use bulleted points wherever necessary, and do not use long sentences and paragraphs in your resume.
- Proofread: Proofread your resume several times before drafting it to the recruiter. You can also ask your friend or relative who has good knowledge in resume writing, to read the resume, and ask for their review.
By following the above tips you can surely construct a resume that meets that current standards of resume presentation. Applicants who still have difficulty in writing their resume can follow the sample provided below for assistance. The sample contains fictitious details, and applicants can update it accordingly keeping the same format.
Sample of Management Consultant Resume
Timothy A. Boles
3558 Holden Street
Marion, IL 62959
Telephone: 93485 09384
Career Objective: Looking forward to pursue a career as a Management Consultant, where I can use my skills and talents in the proper administrative management of the firm, and help in the progressive growth and productivity of the firm.
Career Profile: With a total experience of 4 years as a Management Consultant, I have worked with 2 reputed organizations, and have gained quality work experience in the field. I possess excellent management skills with the ability to make administrative reforms and changes for increasing productivity.
- Possess excellent ability to analyze and inspect situations
- Excellent administrative and management skills
- Excellent ability to supervise and monitor administrative working structures
- Designing and implementing new plans and programs
- Proficiency in a wide range of computer software applications, and their usage
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Firm: Amazing Industries
Duration: June 2010 to June 2012
Designation: Management Consultant
- Primary assignment was to make or design new administrative plans and programs
- Finding out areas that needs development and recommending better alternative management procedures
- Analyzing and inspection of management works and procedures
- Associating with administrative heads and members, and understanding their needs and requirements.
Firm: XYZ Services Pvt. Ltd.
Duration: June 2008 to June 2010
Designation: Management Consultant
- Active participation in making new changes, and implementing new prospects and policies
- Reviewing management procedures and finding loop holes, if any
- Designing and implementing new plans and procedures in areas that needs improvement
- Providing solutions to management and administrative problems
- Did Masters in Business Administration from Miami University, 2008.
- Completed Graduation in Commerce from Miami University, 2006.
Personal Interests: Traveling, reading, net surfing, etc.
I hereby declare that the above information is true as per my knowledge.
Enclosure: Resume, Appreciation Letter.
Reference: Available on request.
Applicants who are applying for the position of a Management Consultant can can surely construct a proper management consultant resume, by taking assistance from the above tips and sample provided.