Home » Consultant Resume
» Sample Business Consultant Resume
Business Consultant Resume
A business consultant resume dictates applicant's skills and knowledge in areas like marketing, human resourcing, asset management, designing programs related to profit making and future security, providing business solutions, etc. A business consultant makes recommendations, and suggests new plans and ideas for improvement after elaborate analysis and inspection of various sections of a business cycle performed in an organization. Business organizations and corporate conglomerates greatly depend on the help and assistance of business consultants, as they also provide help in providing employee training, client consultancy and management, making internal and external relations, employee management, etc. Applicants applying for the post of a business consultant must first furnish a resume that explains their skills and expertise for handling the responsibilities of a business consultant efficiently. Below are some important tips and and guidelines that will help you in writing a proper resume for your job application.
Resume writing guidelines for Business Consultant Resume
- Format: First of all, you must have a proper knowledge of the format you are going to use for constructing the resume. There are formats available on the internet, and you can select as per your need and requirement. Format makes your resume look systematic and organized, making it worthy for solving the very purpose of introducing yourself appropriately in front of the recruiter.
- Research: Research on the internet, on the various styles and techniques of writing a resume. It will also help you in knowing the basic 'dos and don'ts' while writing a resume, and brush up your own writing technique and style, aiding you in furnishing a better resume.
- Official tone: Your resume must possess a formal tone, as it is meant to serve an official purpose. It must not be written casually, as it will greatly effect the quality of the resume.
- Proper length: Your resume must not be too short, making it look inappropriate or too long, such that reader loses interest in reading it. The best way to make a resume look compact and simplified is by using bulleted points instead of long sentences and paragraphs, and by providing only relevant information that is related to the post.
- Explain your strengths: You must make the recruiter realize your strengths and potential, by giving a detailed description of your skills and expertise. Explain your area of expertise, and how you will prove to be a better asset for the firm. Make it straightforward, and discuss your credentials and positive aspects, that helps you in delivering the best performance.
- Work experience: Your work experience plays an important role in making the recruiter determine your eligibility. Therefore you must properly and elaborately write about your profession exposures, describing the responsibilities and duties performed in each organizations.
- Proof reading: Proof read your resume once you finish writing, and you can also make your friend or a relative read your resume, and ask for their opinion, if any, before actually drafting it to the recruiter.
Sample Business Consultant Resume
Daniel E. Crawford
656 Driftwood Road
San Jose, CA 95113
Telephone: 8382 838283
Objective: Looking forward to apply for the post of a Business Consultant in a reputed firm or business organization, where I can use my skills and knowledge in the progress and development of the firm.
Profile Summary: I had the privilege to work in 2 reputed business firms, and was professionally engaged with them for a period of 3 years. I have received good professional exposure, and have gained quality work experience. I have strong analytical and management skills with good communication and presentation skills.
- Possess a professional experience of 4 years as a Business Consultant
- Possess excellent analyzing and inspection skills
- Ability to analyze various sections in a business cycles and recommend new plans and programs in places of improvements
- Expert knowledge in understanding and determining various business related problems, and providing effective solutions
- Designing of new plans for making business cycle smooth, and earning more profit
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Possess excellent computer knowledge, with ability to operate several official softwares
Firm: AMOS International
Designation: Business Consultant
Duration: April 2010 to March 2012
- Assigned primarily to review and analyze business procedures, and recommend better plans and programs for improvement
- Inspection of various business cycles and phenomenons
- Designing new plans and programs for increasing profit margin
Firm: Galaxy Softwares
Designation: Business Consultant
Duration: May 2008 to March 2010
- Designing new plans in areas of improvement
- Analyzing business cycles and procedures
- Recommending new ideas for increasing productivity and profit margin
- Completed Masters in Business management from Washington University in 2007.
- completed Bachelors in Commerce from New York University in2005.
I hereby declare that the above information is true as per my knowledge.
Enclosures: Resume, appreciation letter.
Reference: Will be provided request.
By going through the above sample and tips, you can surely write an effective business consultant resume, that will help you represent yourself properly in front of the recruiter.