Home » Construction Resume
» Sample Construction Crew Leader Resume
Construction Crew Leader Resume
A construction company has many employees who need to be led and managed by construction crew leaders. The crew leaders are responsible for all their activities and help in getting the work done within the set deadlines. They supervise and make sure that the work is accurately performed with the best quality output. They receive orders from the higher management and lead their teams towards the completion of designated tasks before the set deadlines. Hence, they are expected to be excellent leaders and good at communication.
They work in coordination with the higher management, as they receive orders and advice for the current project status including the set deadlines within which they have to complete their designated tasks. The nature of job might change slightly according to the change in client and project types. They must be able to adapt to new changes and deliver the same quality of performance expected from them.
A person applying for this post needs to complete his high school and have experience of at least 5 years to be suitable for this job position. They must mention their experience in good detail, as it will help the resume to become more unique and persuasive.
Following is a construction crew leader resume sample.
Samual T. Castillo
160 Melody Lane
Richmond, VA 23219
To work in a reputed construction organization as a Construction Crew Leader, using my natural leadership skills for the benefit of the organization and my career.
5 years of field experience as a Construction Crew Leader.
- Good skills in written and verbal communication
- Good in reading construction plans
- Good at managing tasks and delegating orders
- Good at following timelines and meeting deadlines
- Ability to deal efficiently with the staff and manage large groups of workers
- Proficient in operating computers and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent leadership skills
- Good at motivating team members
- Excellent at following tight schedules and meeting set deadlines
- High School: Saint Hugh's High School, Alexandria, VA (March, 2007)
Construction Crew Leader: ABC International Construction Services Pvt. Ltd. 8757 Georgia Ave., Silver Spring, MD
(April, 2012 - Till Date)
- Working with a team of 23 workers
- Delegating and assigning tasks according to the project to achieve set goals and targets before the set deadlines
- Training new employees on the working of the latest tools and machinery which would help them to work more efficiently and safely
- Coordinate tasks with other teams for larger projects and ensuring that correct instructions are received within the team
- Creating a day and night schedule to ensure that the services are provided at all times and assigning shifts to the workers accordingly
- Making sure that the workers are transported to the construction site in time to avoid any delays
- Working with the IT department for getting the latest schematics on the current projects to avoid errors
- Planning the schedule according to the architect's plan and material availability
- Supervising the heavy machinery department to ensure that all the heavy machinery used for construction are in working condition and have been serviced regularly
- Providing daily reports to the higher management for budget and performance analysis
- Maintaining various reports including attendance records for performance analysis
- Training new workers on the daily workflow and safety measures followed
Construction Crew Leader: Kramer and Sons International Construction Services Pvt. Ltd., 8730 Mitchell Rd., La Plata, MD
(April, 2007 - March, 2012)
- Managing a team of 10 workers
- Creating detailed reports based on the data gathered while performing the daily and specific activities throughout the day
- Making sure that the schematics provided by the architect are read and understood clearly by all the workers
- Working in a high target oriented environment and delivering the projects in time
- Conducting market research on the latest technologies and tools being used in the construction business for improving the effectiveness
- Recruiting workers as required and ordered by the higher management
- Conducting monthly meetings with the workers for giving them performance feedback and advising them on how they can improve it
- Conducting workshops on time saving techniques and the latest equipment being used in the market
- Communicating with the higher management in case of any disputes or worker queries
- "Best Construction Crew Leader of the Month Award" – Awarded by the senior construction officer for the month of August, 2013
- "Best Construction Crew Leader Award" – Awarded by the construction manager for high performance in the designated projects and tasks, completing them before the deadlines
Name: Cynthia L. McKee
Designation: Senior Construction Officer
Organization: ABC International Construction Services Pvt. Ltd. 8757 Georgia Ave., Silver Spring, MD
Name: Gloria D. Reddick
Designation: Senior Construction Supervisor
Organization: Kramer and Sons International Construction Services Pvt. Ltd. 8730 Mitchell Rd., La Plata, MD
The above given construction crew leader resume example shows how the applicants should write their own resumes to win a job. Changes can be made to the above example as per the need.