Home » Communications Resume
» Sample Television Program Director Resume
Television Program Director Resume
Television program directors are responsible for controlling the content being broadcast in the programs that are shown on television. It is their job to scrutinize the script and see to it that the content being displayed is in accordance with the policies set by the board of directors, demographic rules set by the government, and censorship laws. They also supervise the activities in the television department, ensuring that all the teams are at par with the plan of action and are delivering the content and scripts within the deadlines.
A good television program director resume should portray the applicant's educational information and relevant experience in a proper and concise format. Resumes which look too long are usually not given much attention by the employers; whereas, a concise and well written resume would help in grabbing the attention of the employer and increase the chances of winning a job interview call. Hence, proper care must be taken while writing the resume.
A person needs to have completed a minimum of bachelor's degree in mass communication and have relevant experience of at least 5 years in the broadcasting industry. A master's degree would also help greatly.
Below is a television program director resume sample.
Kaitlyn J. Henry
3274 Fleming Way
Richmond, VA 23224
To work in a reputed broadcasting organization as a Television Program Director, using my natural talent and skills to the best of my abilities for benefiting the organization and attaining professional growth simultaneously.
5 years of field experience as a Television Program Director.
- Good communication and reasoning skills
- Quick problem solving skills and good understanding of the demographics
- Ability to pass fair and objective judgment and take decisions based on the same
- Adept at handling medium to large sized crews
- Proficient with computer operations and technical knowledge of the devices being used in the broadcasting media
- Good leadership skills
- Good eye for detail and scrutiny
- Good team building and motivating skills
- Good at managing time and following tight schedules
- Master's Degree in Mass Communication: ABC College of Mass Communication, Newport News, VA (April, 2007 - April, 2009)
- Bachelor's Degree in Mass Communication: ABC College of Mass Communication, Newport News, VA (April, 2004 - March, 2007)
- High School: Saint Mary's School, Newport News, VA (March, 2004)
Television Program Director: Prime ABC Television and Media Services Pvt. Ltd., VA
(April, 2012 till date)
- Supervising a team of TV reporters, media journalists, and other staff
- Analyzing the scripts received from different departments for different shows to be broadcast and ordering changes to be made in the scripts accordingly
- Scheduling the program broadcasting timelines and making sure that the staff are following the same
- Negotiating with the advertisement agencies for making good business deals
- Planning and coordinating the duties of crew members according to the specified day and night schedule arranged by the higher management
- Coordinating with the camera crew and other departments to make sure that all the programs are being recorded and made ready to be broadcast
- Making sure that the celebrities invited for talk shows and guest appearances are treated with utmost hospitality
- Providing daily reports to the higher management for analysis of performance and budget control
- Training new staff members with the daily work flow and rules followed in the studio
Television Program Director: Delta A1 Television and Media, Pvt. Ltd., VA
(May, 2009 to March, 2012)
- Managing the activities of different departments
- Researching the market for demographic demands and new rules set up by the government
- Gathering reports from all the departments and analyzing them for performance and budget purposes
- Creating a budget plan to be proposed to the higher management
- Arranging meetings with the writers and producers and planning out new episodes and series to be aired on television
- Making sure that the actors are at par with the scripts and dialogues for their specific programs
- Managing contracts from clients and other advertising parties
- Hiring new staff along with anchors, actors, camera crew, etc.
- Providing monthly feedback on the performance of the staff members
- Coordinating with contractual laborers and the ones hired on a freelance basis
- Following a strict schedule and making sure that all staff members are submitting their work before the deadlines
- Achieving good communication between all the departments, ensuring a proper flow of information
- "Best Television Program Director Award" – Awarded by the staff for the month of August, 2013 for gaining maximum TRP for the assigned news channel
- "Best Television Show Award" - Awarded by Guild of Television Awards for being one of the crucial members behind the show which achieved the most viewership
Name: Carla J. Reina
Designation: Senior Manager
Organization: Prime ABC Television and Media Services Pvt. Ltd., 1001 Omni Blvd., Newport News, VA
Name: Arturo H. Erickson
Designation: Senior Manager
Organization: Delta A1 Television and Media, Pvt. Ltd., 2 Columbus Ctr., Virginia Beach, VA
The competition in the market is ever increasing and one has to make sure that he writes a good resume such as the above television program director resume example to gain good job opportunities. Changes can be made to the above example as required.