Home » Communications Resume
» Sample Communications Manager Resume
Communication Manager Resume
Communications manager resume is a professional letter written by an applicant to apply for the post of communications manager, a senior level post, by writing about his skills, experience, education, and achievements in the field. All this information is given in order to impress the recruiter, so that he selects you over other applicants.
There are various communications related posts in the industry such as IT communications manager, media communications (print and audio video) manager, etc. The person at this post has to handle and head the communications department, facilitating a smooth and effective flow of the information. The role of an IT communications manager is very different from that of a media communications manager, where in the IT industry, the communications manager is concerned with the proper functioning of IT infrastructure (Internet and LAN) while in media, the manager is concerned with the broadcast of content. Here, he looks into the content of the programs, depending upon the type of target audience for that broadcast.
Every company needs employees in this department with excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form. In a corporate environment, the job of an internal communications manager or external communications manager is:
- To manage the inflow and outflow of information within/outside the company
- To secure proper communication infrastructure for the company in order to facilitate efficient and fast communication between different departments, thus facilitating speedy decision making and execution
- To facilitate inter-company communication, public broadcast, or public relations for giving a boost to the marketing efforts of the company
- To handle intra-company communications such as publishing of corporate newsletters, memos, and other important announcements
These are some of the important responsibilities in any organization or department and one needs to be competent enough to handle them in the most competitive manner possible. As for the educational qualifications, one needs to be either a mass communication or IT engineering graduate or have a master's degree in business administration (with specialization in PR) to get such a job.
Following is a communications manager resume sample for your reference.
Albany, CA 94706
To use my expertise in the communications field and streamline all the efforts towards ensuring proper communication flow across all the departments, thus resulting into efficient work.
- 7 years of good experience in the field of corporate communication
- Successfully managed the PR department during my job with FXC Media Lab, CA
- Ability to work under stressful situations and meet the targets
- Good experience in brand rebuilding and relaunching into the market with the help of right strategies and planning
- Diverse range of work experience, thanks to my contributions at different levels in the communications department
- Always working towards developing new and better communication strategies
- Excellent planning skills in the field of research and implementation
- Up to date with all the communications principles and models with deep knowledge of every one of them
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good command over English, both verbal and written
- Good at delivering sound presentation skills – represented my employers in various meetings and conventions
- Clearly and thoughtfully planned out thinking processes, oriented completely towards increasing the efficiency of the departments
- Great at multitasking while conducting the work responsibilities
- Excellent knowledge of the IT technologies
FXC Media Lab
- Competently handled a staff of 14 employees in the corporate communications department
- Advised the management and planned on developing strong public relations
- Planned various PR events for the clients in association with various ad agencies and other media houses
- Led the HDFG media campaign to its successful completion
ABK- PR Services
- Build up a new client base for the company and converted the temporary clients to permanent ones
- Handled various brand restructuring processes for the clients and successfully relaunched them into the market
- Conducted meetings with the clients and briefed them over the undertaken plans of action
- Gave importance to proper and in-depth market researching and planning before putting the products in the market competition
- Master's Degree in Business Administration (specialization in PR), ABC College of Media Communications, CA, 2007
- Bachelors' Degree in Business Management, University of New York, NY, 2005
(Suitably state your professional achievements here.)
This is how a communications manager resume is written with a proper structure. Review the sample given here and get new ideas of constructing a well designed resume.