Home » Communications Resume
» Sample Broadcasting News Director Resume
Broadcasting News Director Resume
Broadcasting news directors work at news organizations, also known as news stations and oversee news operations throughout the organization. They control all the activities within the station and supervise the script of the news which needs to be broadcast. They play a vital role in a news organization. Note that most of the activities performed require the authorization of the broadcasting news director. Hence, the broadcasting news director resume should be well written.
Broadcasting news directors research the web and media and study various demographics throughout the country or a specific region they are broadcasting the news in. It is their duty to make sure that the news being broadcast is in accordance with the demographic and censorship rules set up by the government in the particular area or state. They also draft various disclaimers for sensitive materials being displayed in the news broadcast.
A person needs to have completed a minimum of bachelor's degree in mass communication and should have relevant field experience of 5 years in order to be eligible for the position of broadcasting news director. If the person has a master's degree then it is quite possible that the organizations may ask for lesser amount of experience for the same position.
Below is a broadcasting news director resume sample.
Jamie R. Riley
4644 Little Street
Akron, OH 44311
To work in a reputed news station, using my skills and experience, as a Broadcasting News Director for providing excellent news media and helping to grow my career at the same time.
5 years of field experience as a Broadcasting News Director.
- Excellent communication skills
- Great leadership skills and skills to execute fine management of staff
- Proficient with computer operations and MS Office
- Good eye for detail and ability to effectively scrutinize the given data and news scripts
- Up to date knowledge of the current market and good grasp over the demographic rules and standards
- Good motivational skills for team building and team bonding
- Excellent in time management
- Master's Degree in Mass Communication: YPEI International College, Mogadore, OH (April, 2007 to April, 2009)
- Bachelor's Degree in Mass Communication: YPEI International College, Mogadore, OH (April, 2004 to March, 2007)
- High School: RERT High School, Toledo, OH (March, 2004)
Broadcasting News Director: QTER News Station, Columbus, OH
(April, 2012 till date)
- Supervising the activities of the news station
- Scrutinizing the news scripts and advising on the changes, if required
- Hiring news anchors and the rest of the staff
- Overseeing the news department along with the broadcasting procedures
- Validating and ensuring that the news provided is genuine and is from trustworthy sources
- Planning the news shows and their scripts well in advance, keeping the time limits and other factors into consideration
- Creating in-depth budget reports which would be used to propose new budgets to the news channels
- Planning and coordinating the duties of reporters according to the preplanned day and night schedule
- Supervising the camera department, ensuring that all the equipment are in working condition and have been regularly serviced
- Making sure that the celebrities called for interviewing in the news station are treated with proper hospitality
- Analyzing the daily reports for performance analysis
- Maintaining the attendance record
- Resolving employee issues, if any
Broadcasting News Director: Prime ABC News Station, Akron, OH
(May, 2009 to March, 2012)
- Managing the operations of the entire news station
- Helping in the scripting procedure by supervising the department and hiring new reporters and writers
- Hiring the staff including news reporters
- Performing market surveys and collecting demographic data for the purpose of broadcasting
- Conducting research for finding the latest technologies being used in the news broadcasting business
- Managing contracts from the clients and maintaining a database for the same
- Overseeing the recruitment process and conducting the final round of interview
- Providing monthly feedback on the performance of reporters to the higher management
- Arranging workshops on time saving techniques
- Making sure that a proper communication is maintained between all departments in the news station
- "Best Broadcasting News Director" – Awarded by the senior broadcasting news director for the month of June in 2013
- "Best Broadcasting News Director of the Month" – Awarded by the higher management for exceptional performance
Name: Magda J. Allred
Designation: Senior Broadcasting News Director
Organization: QTER News Station, 2300 West Case Rd., Columbus, OH
Name: Wilfred G. Snipes
Designation: Senior Broadcasting News Director
Organization: Prime ABC News Station, 2828 S Arlington Rd Ste A., Akron, OH
The above given broadcasting news director resume example shows how a person should go about writing a resume to get the best results. Well written resumes are well received and appreciated by the employers, so one must make sure that he makes full use of this phenomenally drafted and informative resume sample.