Home » Accounting Resume
» Sample Assistant Reconciliation Accountant Resume
Assistant Reconciliation Accountant Resume
Accounting reconciliation in accounting, refers to the process of evaluating, comparing and analyzing two sets of accounts. This is generally done to ensure that the balance amount correctly matches at the end of a particular accounting period. The professional operating in accounting department shoulders the responsibility of supporting reconciliation staff in handling day-to-day reconciliation activities.
The general job responsibilities accomplished by the professional include preparing reconciliation statements, checking balances against ledger amounts, maintaining a record of bank statements, preparing accounts payable reconciliation statements, preparing general entries, filing forgery claims, clearing outstanding reconciliation items, and handling cash transaction activities.
It is necessary for the job applicant to possess extensive knowledge of reconciliation processes, functioning related to financial reporting, and accounting principles. A bachelor's degree in accounting is an accepted educational qualification for applying for this job position. Good communication, accuracy, and attention to detail are some of the essential skill sets required to excel in this line of work.
235 Community College Drive,
Baton Rouge, LA
Skilled and dynamic accounting professional with hands-on experience in creating accurate account statements and executing accurate account auditing procedures. Looking for an opportunity to work as an assistant reconciliation accountant in a prestigious organization.
Knowledge & Credentials:
- More than five years of professional experience in finance and accounting with focus on account reconciliation
- Comprehensive knowledge of preparing financial statements and conducting efficient account auditing procedures
- Extensive knowledge of accounting principles, GAAP, and financial analysis techniques
- Familiar with federal accounting standards and regulations and account auditing processes
- Well versed with Microsoft Office applications and in-depth knowledge of mathematical concepts
- Attention to detail and accuracy with excellent communication and management skills
Organization: Amcus Inc, LA
Tenure: October 2010 till date
Designation: Assistant Reconciliation Accountant
- Performed responsibilities of handling accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Completed balance sheet reconciliations and looked after the maintenance of fixed asset register
- Handled tasks such as processing general ledger, calculating revenues, and performing reconciliation of balance sheets
- Handled the job of preparing and maintaining statement balances and settlement information
- Shouldered the responsibility of checking and settling accounts in the systems as well as preparing reconciled accounts to pay off
- Handled the work of reconciling company ledger and discharging the management of account files
- Checked and ensured that the balance cash amounts in accounting ledgers agree with bank balances
- Performed the duty of reviewing bank accounts and balances to ensure that they comply with financial statements and reports
Organization: BNC Bank, LA
Tenure: July 2008 to September 2010
Designation: Junior Reconciliation Accountant
- Handled responsibility of managing regular accounts payable processes and preparing bank reconciliation statements
- Performed job of processing accounts payable checks and managing accounts receivable activities
- Shouldered the responsibility of preparing financial statements and registering forgery claims
- Created accurate account statements and maintained accurate records of bank statements for future reference
- Prepared work schedules of internal and external auditors
- Performed task of checking balances against ledger amounts and maintaining proper records of financial supporting documents
- Prepared weekly and monthly bank reconciliation statements in an accurate manner
Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy
Los Angeles Business Studies College, LA, 2008
After reviewing the above sample, you will be able to develop a professional resume that yields a job interview. It will definitely help you to build a resume that sounds professional and appealing. Consider the illustration and get ready to have a powerful job application that creates a strong and lasting impression on the prospective employers. It will surely prove vital in writing a successful resume that delivers a job interview.