Home » Social Service Resume
» Sample Youth Care Worker Resume
Youth Care Worker Resume
A youth care worker resume is written by a social worker who wants to associate himself with youth centers that dedicatedly work towards betterment of the society by providing the needy with voluntary services. Such people have to have a deep sense of empathy and an ability to step out of their comfort zone and work with such people who are poor, destitute, orphans and beggars. These youth care workers are usually those people who have seen the difficult side of life and can understand, if not completely then to some greater extent, the plight and condition of the less privileged ones.
The resume will boast of the person's past experience. He/ she should mention the kind of work they have done before, supported by a brief summary of work along with the names of the organizations for which they performed these duties, and the amount of time they served there working. If the applicant is not experienced and this is his/ her first stint with this kind of work then they must, with the help of objective statement and skill summary impress the reader of their will and capability to do such work
Following is a resume sample of an experienced volunteer.
Youth Care Worker Resume Sample
11, North Side, 67 St.
Carlisle, MA 01741
To volunteer for social service work an NGO in order to help the people in need and provide support to them through our programs.
- Rich experience of 6 years in the field of social services during which I have worked for child care departments and education programs for the youth
- Collected food and clothes in donation camps all across New York in the winter of 2011 for the poor and the orphan
- Worked for the Florida flood relief camp in 2009
- Volunteered for the blood donation camp set up by the Dwayne Foundation in the city of New York in 2010
- Worked for the Children's Society of Arts, teaching drawing and singing to the children there
- Excellent communication skills for speaking to people and encouraging them to donate for the good causes
- Strong interpersonal skills enabling me to work around all kinds of people very easily
- good team spirit
- able of providing affection, proper care and comfort to the children and destitute and have the ability to understand their problems
- skillful at maintaining detailed records of all the work related to distribution of food, clothes, and managing of night care centers for the destitute
- good time management and multi-tasking abilities
- able to perform even under heavy pressure situations like flood, evacuation, or mass-epidemic conditions
XYZ Youth Center, New York
Youth Care Worker (2008 till Present)
- Maintained all the notes from office meetings and helped in developing goal-oriented strategies for our care centers
- Put up ads and notices regarding donation of cloths for the destitute
- Worked in close association with the state government to get state help in the matters of emergencies like floods, and other calamities
- Helped the other volunteers in erecting tents and putting in tables and chairs while setting up donation camps
- Initiated mobile hospitals for blood donation events
- went to schools and colleges for getting volunteers from among students
HHL Social Service Center, Los Angles
Social Service Volunteer (2006-2008)
- Supervised blood donation process at XYZ center in Los Angles
- Worked at night centers for the destitute in HG Street of Los Angles and helped the poor and old with beddings and food
- Filed daily night reports at the night center and sent it to the manager
- Taught children in nursery and 1st standard as per our institutes's initiative to help the unfortunate children
- Helped the doctors at outdoor medical camps
- Maintained order and safety in the night centers and ensured proper housekeeping and cleanliness throughout the center
- Certificate in Safe Crisis Management, 2005
- Bachelor of Art in Social Work, ABC University, FL (2004)
In bullet points format, list some of the important professional achievement s of your career.
This is how a youth care worker resume is written. So, all the best with writing your own resume.