Home » Social Service Resume
» Sample Social Worker (School) Resume
Social Worker (School) Resume
Social Worker (School) resume must be effective, and exceptional enough to draw the attention of your prospective job employer. It must highlight on your professional qualifications, educational background, additional accomplishments, etc. These factors are extremely important, as they assist in grabbing the attention of your recruiter, compelling them to hire you for the applied job position. Your application should possess the capacity of ruling out other candidates, and seal the deal in your favor.
Basically, the school social worker is a responsible person, who skillfully handles the major activities of the school, and its associated extra-curricular activities. In addition, they are responsible for supervising the students active participation, mentoring the socially backward children, supervising the administrative work, handled the operating services of the school academics, etc. In this way, they are in charge of handling, and looking after the assigned duties of the school children.
In order to be qualified for the applied job position, you have to draft a perfect resume that helps you in getting selected for an interview. Here, you are provided with a sample resume for the position of School Social Worker.
Shelly W. Ferrel
1699 Oak Drive,
Albany, NY - 12207
Contact no. : (518) 636-1941
Seeking a position as a School Social Worker, in a well-reputed institution, where I can skillfully utilize my interpersonal and communicational skills and abilities in encouraging the school children. Willing to handle the major case management functions.
Skilled and experienced in the field of counseling, and supervising the activities of the children; five years of experience in the field of community service. Honored for efficiently handling the social services work for adolescents, and children.
- Certified Program in Pediatric Social Work from Texas Southern University, Texas, TX
- Completed Post Graduation in Social Science from Utah Valley University, Utah, UT, in March 2003 - Grade A
- Completed Graduation in Psychology and Sociology from New York College, New York, NY, in 2001 - Grade A
- Completed High School from Daniel Community High School, in 1998 with Grade A in Commerce
- Qualified in handling the comprehensive social work, and looking after the health care settings
- Exceptional verbal and written communicational and exceptional interpersonal skills and abilities
- Five years of complete experience in the field of children social service
- Experienced in handling various psychological and sociological programs for school children
- Capable of handling various case management projects efficiently
- Expert in preparing strategic plans for handling administrative functions
Technical and Professional Skills:
- Well-trained in handling, and conducting various sociological tests, and experiments
- Expert and qualified to work on varied kinds of Microsoft packages like MS-Access, MS-Excel, and other MS-Office software packages
- Competent to work on different kinds of platforms like Windows XP, Windows Vista, etc.
- Skilled in handling the technical documentation procedures, and serving the needs of the youths and children
- Expert in maintaining strong community alliances, handling the challenging resources, managing the cases of students, etc.
Current Employer: Sky High School (2007 - till date)
Designation: Social Worker (School)
- Offered social work counseling to the students, and their parents, and guided them towards proper educational field
- Maintained the official records of every student, and supervised their psycho-socio assessments
- Handled, supervised, and participated in several case management conferences, and presentations
- Looked after the student training, and educational planning programs for their academic benefit
- Efficiently evaluated the transcripts, and resolved the social, and academic problems of the students
Previous Employer: Gilmore High School (2006-2007)
Designation: Assistant Social Worker (School)
- Handled the primary tasks of socially backward children, and encouraged them for their future academics
- Communicated with kids, and their family members, and handled their educational problems, and associated difficulties
- Evaluated major administrative, and academic situations with complete assistance of students, teachers, and other staff members
- Assisted the coordinators in handling, and maintaining the follow up phone calls, and filling paper work
- Supervised, and improvised the sociological, and psychological functioning of the children, and their families
Achievements and Awards:
- Rewarded for efficiently maintaining the academic records of every student, and dealing with their problems
- Persistent candidate and winner of several awards for supervising, and handling the major academic problems of school children, and counseling the teenagers
- Awarded for interviewing the children, and their families, supervising the other staff members functions, handling the required services, etc. at workplace in Sky High School
- Winning team member of the regional level handball team, New York
- Awarded with 'Best Social Worker' award for handling the major cases of students, counseling the students and their parents, handling the administrative work, etc., at workplace in Gilmore High School
Mobility and Flexibility:
Willing to relocate anywhere in Colorado and Ohio
I hereby declare that the above-mentioned information is correct and true as per my knowledge.
Shelley W. Ferrel
Here, you are provided with a free sample resume for the position of School Social Worker. With its assistance and guidance, you can create an impressive application that helps you in excelling in your professional career. An impressive resume application can certainly help you in achieving your desired goals and objectives.