Home » Social Service Resume
» Sample Counselor (School) Resume
Counselor (School) Resume
Counselor (School) resume must be designed efficiently and precisely, in order to grab the attention of your reader or prospective job employer. In order to make your letter or application perfect, you have to create an impressive resume that portrays your strong educational credentials, bi-cultural work experience, and additional accomplishments. In this way, you can make a lead on the potential available job position, and compel the employer to select you for an interview.
Basically, they are responsible for helping students, and guide them in shaping their career, and achieve their educational goals, and objectives through various educational programs. In other words, they are mainly in charge of counseling students, and guiding them to select a proper and perfect educational background that would reflect on their personal development. Such school counselors are available in both, private, as well as in public schools to guide, and make the right decisions for them.
In order to be a part of this profession, you have to create an impressive resume application that can assist you in grabbing the best available opportunity. With the help of this impressive, and optimized resume application, you can construct your application for the position of School Counselor.
Counselor (School) Resume Sample
Norbert T. Robinson
3473 Charter Street,
Kansas City, KS - 64108
Contact no. : (913) 731-1859
Seeking a better, and challenging position as a School Counselor, where I can counsel several students and enhance my verbal communicational skills and abilities. My exceptional interpersonal abilities would assist them to resolve their behavioral, and educational problems.
Skilled, and capable of handling various complex cases of different students; seven years of experience in the field of counseling. Awarded for handling the development, and behavioral patterns of young children.
- Certified Program in Youth & Child Counseling from Grace University, Nebraska, NE
- Completed Post Graduation in Child Psychology from Rider University, New Jersey, NJ, in March 2003 - Grade A
- Completed Graduation in Science and Guidance Counseling from Dartmouth College, New Hampshire, NH, in 2001 - Grade A
- Completed High School from Lutheran Community High School, in 1998 with Grade A in Commerce
Technical and Professional Skills:
- Capable of handling various official records of students
- Possess exceptional verbal communicational and interpersonal skills
- Seven years of experience in the field of student counseling
- Skilled in handling various developmental programs and events for guiding students
- Expert in managing the student records, compile important information, and gather data for evaluations
- Expert in handling various cases independently and efficiently
- Skilled in handling various kinds of psychological test and experiments
- Qualified and well-trained to work on varied kinds of Microsoft packages like MS-Access, MS-Excel and other MS-Office software packages
- Competent to work on different kinds of platforms like Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux, UNIX, etc.
- Capable of working with various media such as newspaper, television, etc.
- Expert in maintaining the students behavioral records, supervise their educational activities, maintain records, gather information, etc.
Current Employer: Gilmore High School (2007 - till date)
Designation: Counselor (School)
- Efficiently communicated with the educational stakeholders, and administrative leaders regarding the goals and objectives of counseling programs
- Supervised the major activities of students, and counseled them for their educational, and behavioral activities
- Maintained important counseling records of every student, and prepared important events to meet the students needs
- Guided the students to select their educational career, and communicated with their parents to support them in their career
- Planned, and incorporated various programs and events that would encourage the students to progress in their educational life
Previous Employer: Florance High School (2006-2007)
Designation: Assistant Counselor (School)
Achievements and Awards:
- Supervised, and handled the counseling services in order to meet the developmental, and remedial requirements of the students
- Assisted with the teachers to plan, and execute various educational plans, and programs in order to create interest among students
- Maintained various important developmental, and behavioral records of every student, and counseled them as per their needs
- Responsibly established counseling programs, and the teachers in designing educational assessment strategies
- Consulted, and efficiently communicated with students, parents, and teachers, in order to solve the problems of the students
Mobility and Flexibility:
- Awarded for skillfully handling the counseling programs, and other important school activities
- Persistent candidate and winner of several awards for coordinating in the important counseling cases, and appraising the students development capabilities
- Rewarded for handling the students records, maintaining the school activities, supervising the placement activities, etc., at workplace in Gilmore High School
- Winning Team member of the regional level handball team, New Jersey
- Awarded with 'Best Counselor' award for evaluating the students development, looking after the school counseling activities, etc., at workplace in Florance High School
Willing to relocate anywhere in Florida and New Mexico
I hereby declare that the above-mentioned information is correct and true as per my knowledge.
Norbert T. Robinson
In here, you are offered with a free resume sample that can help you in drafting your personal application for the position of school Counselor. Candidates willing to excel in this profession should have complete knowledge and understanding in order to guide the students. An exceptional resume can certainly help you in achieving your desired aims and objectives of your professional life. No doubt that resume is much important while seeking a job but making an effective cover letters is also more important to fetch a good opportunity. For the best cover letter sample just go through this page.