Home » Social Service Resume
» Sample Counselor (Mental Health) Resume
Counselor (Mental Health) Resume
Counselor (Mental Health) resume is a professional document that highlights your skills and abilities in order to create a remarkable impression on your prospective job employer. It should be drafted in a systematic way, that it emphasizes on your professional experiences, educational qualifications, and additional accomplishments. In this way, you grab the available opportunity and compel your employer to select you for an interview.
Counseling is a responsible job, and therefore, candidates should be confident enough to guide the patients, and resolve their medical issues efficiently. Basically, they are responsible for handling different counseling sessions for various patients, treating different emotionally disturbed patients, providing different treatments to the mentally challenged patients, supervising the rehabilitation programs, etc. In this way, they are in charge of handling the administrative situations, and looking after the mental health of patients.
In order to grab the available job position, you have to create an impressive application that depicts you are an appropriate candidate for the applied position. Here, you are provided with a perfect sample resume for the position of mental health counselor.
Counselor (Mental Health) Resume
Robert D. Potter
1430 Junkins Avenue,
Rochelle, GA - 31079
Contact no. : (229) 399-4639
Wish to acquire a position as a Mental Health Counselor, in a well-recognized hospital, where I can gain more experience, and enhance my skills in the field of counseling. Willing to serve the mentally challenged people, and improve their health.
Well-trained and expert in handling the sensitive cases of the mentally challenged patients; ten years of experience in the field of counseling. Honored for organizing and executing various rehabilitation programs and events.
- Certified Program in Fashion Mental Health Services, from Midland University, Nebraska, NE
- Completed Post Graduation in Counseling in Mental Science, from New Jersey City University, New Jersey, NJ, in March 2003 - Grade A
- Completed Graduation in Health Science from New England College, New Hampshire, NH, in 2001 - Grade A
- Completed High School from Kappa Community High School, in 1998 with Grade A in Commerce
Technical and Professional Skills:
- Skilled in handling the legislative documents and other associated documents
- Ten years of experience in the filed of counseling
- Possess exceptional understanding and knowledge in order to handle the situations calmly and professionally
- Expert in handling the complex cases of mental and physical dysfunction
- Possess outstanding verbal and written communicational abilities
- Complete knowledge regarding mental treatments, diagnosis, etc.
- Responsible and skilled enough to handle different kinds of medical and clinical instruments
- Expert and well-trained to work on varied kinds of Microsoft packages like MS-Access, MS-Excel and other MS-Office software packages
- Competent to work on different kinds of platforms like Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux, UNIX, etc.
- Expert, and capable of dealing with various kinds of social trends, and influences human migrations, etc.
- Certified knowledge regarding human behavior, child psychology, and assessing human personality
Current Employer: Monroe Mental Services (2007 - till date)
Designation: Counselor (Mental Health)
- Expert in maintaining important records regarding client treatment, their evaluations, and progressive stages
- Supervised the work of other staff members, and guided them to carry out their regular or daily activities
- Counseled families and patients regarding their treatments, individually or in groups, and suggested methods to overcome
- Collected all documents, and maintained perfect records regarding every patients interviews, observations, and tests
- Assisted the other experts in handling the sensitive mental cases, and resolve complex problems efficiently
Previous Employer: Simbian Mental Health Care (2006-2007)
Designation: Assistant Counselor (Mental Health)
Achievements and Awards:
- Handled, and efficiently maintained the confidentiality of every record regarding clients treatments and assessments
- Looked into the rehabilitation programs, events, and constructed various strategies in improving them
- Assisted the senior counselors in preparing, and maintaining the records, and necessary reports of every treatment conducted
- Evaluated every patients mental conditions, and guiding them to follow treatments for solving their social problems
- Efficiently resolved complex problems, and communicated with the families and patients to exchange necessary information
Mobility and Flexibility:
- Rewarded for efficiently handling important treatment plans and programs for kids, and youths
- Persistent candidate and winner of several awards for supervising the clinical research work regarding child mental disorders
- Awarded for performing clinical assessments on various patients at workplace in Monroe Mental Services
- Winning team member of the regional level handball team, New Jersey
- Awarded with 'Best Counselor' award for counseling different clients and patients, handling the medical records, etc. at workplace in Simbian Mental Health Care
Willing to relocate anywhere in Maryland and Ohio
I hereby declare that the above-mentioned information is correct and true as per my knowledge.
Robert D. Potter
This free resume sample can assist you in preparing your exceptional application for the position of counselor. In order to have a control over the applied job position, you have to construct an effective resume that can assist you in excelling in your professional career, and achieve your desired goals and objectives.