Home » Science Resume
» Sample Science Writer Resume
Science Writer Resume
Science Writers' prime function is to study various topics, and prepare journals, magazines, manuscripts, etc. and submit them for weekly or monthly publications. Science writers should have complete knowledge and understanding regarding the technical field, new or updated innovations, and some clear facts about the biomedical industry. In this way, they are mainly responsible for writing important researches about certain specific field, editing news for scientific purposes, etc. Therefore, design your resume appropriately in order to be selected for an interview.
Julie J. Castillo
4015 Cedar Street,
Prescott, AR - 71857
Contact no. : (870) 887-8658
Seeking a challenging position as a Science Writer, where I can utilize my skills and knowledge in improving the biomedical and applied sciences. Wish to enhance my experience and extremely determined to attain my desired goals and objectives.
Expert in applied science; ten years of experience in scientific writing; capable of dealing with different kinds of people, and work hard under peer pressure. Awarded for handling complex writing regarding Medical Bioscience.
- Certificate Program in Medical and Scientific Writing from Cardinal Stitch University, Wisconsin, WI
- Completed Post Graduation in Biological and Biomedical Sciences from West Virginia University, West Virginia, WV in March 2003 - Grade A
- Completed Graduation in Environmental and Applied Science from Northwood University, Texas, TX, in 2001 - Grade A
- Completed High School from Virginia Community Arts and Science School, in 1998 with Grade A in Science
- Skilled in handling various important records and spreadsheets for documentation
- Exceptional written and verbal communicational skills
- Competent in handling the poster content, fact sheets, edited articles, etc.
- Capable of writing and editing the articles and contents for journals and magazines
- Complete knowledge regarding the physical sciences
Technical and Professional Skills:
- Qualified in handling various technical aspects of the biomedical field
- Familiar and competent in handling varied kinds of Microsoft packages like MS-Access, MS-Excel and other MS-Office software packages
- Skilled in dealing with various research work associated to the field of applied science
- Competent to work on different platforms that includes UNIX, Linux, MS DOS, Windows and associated Windows software, etc.
- Skilled and proficient in vivid kinds of foreign languages like Polish, Russian, and French
- Expert in maintaining the recorded reports, handling the web material for printing, briefing about the research work, etc.
Current Employer: Medical University of New Hampshire (2007 - till date)
Designation: Science Writer
- Efficiently wrote and maintained various articles and web contents for the clinical journals and physicians
- Wrote several reviews regarding patient health education, anthology of cell biology, audience in oncology, etc.
- Assisted several doctors, surgeons and general physicians for researching and briefing about medical science and patient education
- Handled the reviews and articles of clinical journals and important web contents for various physicians
- Looked after the abstracts, journal articles, reviewed the articles for conferences and summarized the content for meetings and conferences
Previous Employer: American Association & National Laboratory (2006-2007)
Designation: Assistant Science Writer
- Handled the major work associated to the recent research projects and efficiently wrote reviews about them
- Assisted senior scientists and project experts in revising and editing the major research work and associated stories
- Supervised important meetings, presentations, and conferences and systematically wrote reports on them
- Generated top class scientific content for publications regarding the projects and research work conducted in the laboratory
- Maintained proper track of the scientific articles and web contents written for major journals and publication houses
Achievements and Awards:
- Consistent member and winner of different awards generating fresh content regarding the scientific and applied science work
- Honored for producing efficient on line medical articles as per the specified deadlines
- Rewarded for handling the conferences and presentation reviews, and documenting it at workplace in American Association & National Laboratory
- Awarded with 'Best Science Writer Award' for meeting the medical research specialist, responding the editor, checking the on line content, etc., at workplace in Medical University of New Hampshire
Mobility and Flexibility:
Willing to relocate anywhere in U.S., Virgin Islands and Washington D.C.
I hereby declare that the above-mentioned information is correct and true as per my knowledge.
Julie J. Castillo