Home » Science Resume
» Sample Meteorologist Resume
A Meteorologist is mainly responsible for handling the prominence of the weather patterns, studying associated climatic works, looking into the special forecasting work, etc. Therefore, they are solely in charge of studying the earth’s atmospheric climate, observing its natural and physical characteristics, and analyzing its effects on the environment. Therefore, to be an essential part of this field, you should possess complete knowledge and a perfect resume to support it.
Meteorologist Resume Sample
James J. Barnes
3169 University Hill Road,
Roodhouse, IL - 62082
Contact no. : (217) 589-2810
Aspire to work in a challenging surrounding, where my exceptional skills and abilities are completely explored, and I can easily adapt to the varied kinds of field, which could contribute in the development of the organization. Willing to widen my experience with a well-reputed organization.
Expert and certified Meteorologist with twelve years of experience in this particular field; skilled in handling the weather forecasts and provide information through the graphical processing. Awarded for researching new methods and techniques for the knowledge of hurricanes and tropical storms.
- Diploma in Broadcast Meteorology from Dixie State College, Utah, UT
- Completed Post Graduation in Numerical Weather Forecasts from Amberton State University, Texas, TX in March 2003 - Grade A
- Completed Graduation in Synoptic Meteorology from Utah Valley University, Utah, UT, in 2001 - Grade A
- Completed High School from Colorado Community Arts and Commerce School, in 1998 with Grade A in Arts
- Possess outstanding communicational and interactive abilities
- Capable of dealing with minor operations of weather forecasting
- Skilled and proficient to efficiently work in fast-paced and dynamic surrounding
- Expert, and extremely reliable to handle a team cohesively
- Better understanding towards the meteorological processes and phenomena
Technical and Professional Skills:
- Proficient and skilled in handling the real-time operational environment
- Expert and competent in MS-Access, MS-Excel and other MS-Office software packages
- Capable of handling meteorological tools and associated weather forecasting techniques
- Competent to work on different platforms such as Linux, Windows and associated Windows software, etc.
- Expert in different kinds of foreign languages such as Russian, Polish, and French
- Well-trained to handle a team efficiently, interpret the weather data, look after the instrumentation process, etc.
Current Employer: American Weather Association (2007 - till date)
- Efficiently handled major and essential operations of the weather forecasting
- Supervised research work conducted in laboratory associated to the “Introduction of Weather Forecasting”
- Looked after the facts and figures, and efficiently dealt with the tropical briefings during the hurricane season
- Monitored and recorded the specified weather forecasting data
- Handled important conferences, meetings and presentations in association with the air-sea interactions and meteorology
Previous Employer: Colorado Meteorological Research Center (2006-2007)
Designation: Assistant Meteorologist
- Assisted the senior weather forecasts and experts in determining and delivering accurate weather forecasts
- Supervising meteorological stations and implemented various techniques for research and analysis of weather
- Prepared and updated the on-timely weather forecasts to the news media, and to the general public
- Demonstrated various techniques and methods for understanding the atmospheric transportation, dispersion, air quality studies, etc.
- Offered technical assistance in handling the stimulation and instrumentation models for generating efficient responses
Achievements and Awards:
- Persistent member and winner of awards for looking after the upper-air weather stations and weather satellites
- Honored for interpreting the important meteorological data, and developed efficient reports for forecasts
- Rewarded for handling the weather forecasts, and looked after the tropical briefings at workplace in Colorado Meteorological Research Center
- Awarded with ‘Best Employee Award’ for coding weather reports, measuring the weather factors, supervising the remote weather sensors, etc., at workplace in American Weather Association
Mobility and Flexibility:
Willing to relocate anywhere in Texas and Vermont
I hereby declare that the above-mentioned information is correct and true as per my knowledge.
James J. Barnes
With the help of the provided free resume sample, you can draft your application and efficiently shape your bright future career. If you'd like, you can refer a meteorologist cover letter here.