Home » Medical Resume
» Sample Nurse (Medical Or Surgical) Resume
Medical or Surgical Nurse Resume
A Medical or Surgical Nurse, works in specialized areas of nursing. They deal with different types of cases in a single day. The main responsibility of these nurses is to take care of the patients who undergo medical surgery. They hold high responsibilities, and are also responsible to take care of the patients in the cases of critical surgery. These nurses can work in different work settings such as hospitals, clinics, Acute Care Units, Outpatient Clinics, Long-term Care Facilities, Home Care Setting, etc. They are highly skilled in pain control, infection control, wound care and patient assessment. They care for the patients in all types of illnesses.
You should have a Certification in Medical-Surgical Nursing, granted by Medical - Surgical Nursing Certification Board(MSNCB) or The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Apart from these, there are many formalities that you need to fulfill. First of all, you should hold a Registered Nurse (RN) License. Secondly, you should have a minimum of two years of experience working as a RN, and you should have also completed 30 hours of Medical Surgical Continuing Education, within the last 3 years of time.
Some of the job responsibilities of a Medical or Surgical Nurse are as follows:
- Responsible to provide nursing care for surgical and medical unit
- Responsible to take care of the group of patients in collaborations with different medical teams
- Responsible to assess and evaluate the nursing plan that would be in the benefit of the patients, and as per the patients cultural and religious values and beliefs.
- Regularly evaluating the plan, and revising it to provide better service to the patients
- Evaluating nursing care on an ongoing basis, and revising the plan of care as appropriate
- Responsible to give advice to the patients regarding medical conditions, diagnostic procedures, and treatment plans
- Responsible to provide knowledge to the family members of the patient, about different procedures and budget.
You can apply for the position of a Medical or Surgical Nurse in an esteemed medical firm if you possess all the essential skills and certifications. You also need to have a good medical or surgical nurse resume, where you can mention these skills and qualifications. A resume plays an important role in the present scenario, and this works as an important tool to get an interview call, when there is tough competition for a single job.
Nurse (Medical or Surgical) Resume Example
Georgia L. Harn
3181 Harrison Street
San Jose, CA 95134
Contact No: 733-541-8877
Email Id: email@example.com
Looking for the position of a Medical or Surgical Nurse in a renowned medical firm. I want to apply my skills, and 4 years of nursing experience, towards the growth of the organization, and service to the mankind.
- Good command over English language, and good verbal communication skill
- Aware of the rules and policies of the hospitals
- Making plans to improve and maintain clinical skills
- Able to handle the critical situations at the time of emergency
- Possess good interpersonal skills
- Possess good organizing skills
Company: Siltrans Health Care Center
Designation: Medical or Surgical Nurse
Duration: September 2010 to till date
- Responsible to take care of health of the patients
- Make sure their health condition is improving
- Responsible to inform the doctor in emergency situations
- Help doctors and physicians in the surgery, and provide necessary equipment
- To provide necessary information to the patients, and their family, regarding paper work and budget
- Give advice to the patients after the surgery is complete
Company: Bio-tone Health Care Center
Designation: Medical or Surgical Nurse
Duration: July 2008 to August 2010
- Responsible to take care of the health of the patients regularly
- Responsible to monitor quality control and budget for nursing
- Coordinate and assist with the doctors in different surgery
- Ensure that there is improvement in the health of the patients
- Informing the doctor immediately in critical situations
- Changing the bandages of the patients regularly
- Attending several workshops and seminars, in order to improve the work efficiency
- Completed Bachelor of Nursing Science from Alfred University, Geneva
- Obtained Certification in Certified Registered Nurse from Happy Family Hospital Institute, Geneva
- Completed Diploma in Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification from the Armstrong University, Geneva
- Completed High School from Saint John's School, Michael School, Geneva
Karen J. Green
(Medical or Surgical Nurse)
Bio-planet Health Care Center
1704 Kennedy Court
Westborough, MA 01581
You can refer to the sample of a medical or surgical resume given above, and take its help to craft an impressive resume for your upcoming job.