Home » Manager Resume
» Sample Building Operations Manager Resume
Building Operations Manager Resume
A building operations manager resume is written for the purpose of applying for a managerial job with a construction company. The job of the person at such a post will involve taking care of the specific operations of the construction project like finance, budgeting, labor, raw material, etc. A competent person is always preferred for such a task as it involves a lot of interaction with different kinds of people at different organizational levels.
There are many kinds of resume formats to choose from; however, the following resume sample uses a combination format, which is the same one used for writing many industry-standard resumes. Go through this sample to understand the exact nature of structure and language required in order to draft an effective resume.
Building Operations Manager Resume Sample
16, North Side, 67 St.
Carlisle, MA 01741
Being a widely experienced and hard working person, I am looking for the post of construction operations manager with a reputed builder so that I could put to use my skills and managerial expertise to monitor the day to day operations and ensure quality of the entire process.
- 5 years of experience of working with the Caliph Constructions and 3 years with Boardwalk Infrastructure in New York.
- Worked on the site and managed various operations ranging from raw materials, building permissions, water and electricity, to lift installation permit.
- Rich experience in managing teams of workers and site supervisors in their work and ensuring a smooth flow of work and timely completion of each stage of construction.
- Have extensive work experience in the finance and budgeting division of infrastructure development.
- Good skills at information gathering and processing for starting a new project and weighing down the various options for optimum operations planning.
- Good at planning budget for the development projects and assigning budget to each operation accordingly.
- Excellent communication skills for a better two-way communication on each level, between each department.
- Expert at taking initiatives for challenging tasks and completing them with efficiency and dedication.
- Ability to work even under pressure and give quality output.
- Good team management skills for leading teams on various projects and bring in successful results.
Caliph Constructions, New York
On-site Operations Manager (2009-Present)
- Worked on various real estate development projects like residential apartments and IT parks.
- Carried out regular inspections and ensured that all the work was being done as per the schedule and the material used was of desired quality.
- Received the time in and time out reports from the supervisors for their respective departments every day.
- Made sure that the raw material was supplied to the site on right time, as and when ordered.
Boardwalk Infrastructure, New York
Financial Operations Manager (2006-2009)
- Oversaw the development of projects and handled the financial aspect of them.
- Planned the projects with the project managers and weighed our options for carrying out the work in the most optimal way- both financially and quality-wise.
- Prepared a breakdown of the entire financial plan for each stage of the project.
- Studied the project details and requirements and based on these, dispersed the resources for them.
- Masters in Civil Engineering from New York University, 2005
- Graduation in IT Engineering from New York University, 2003
In bullet point format, list some of the important professional achievements of your career. Don't mention the points that are irrelevant or are not professional achievements.
This is how a building operations manager resume is written. While writing it, care must be exercised that it doesn't get too long. A lengthy resume is not desirable by the recruiter as it will take a lot of time to go through it and with so many other applications for the same job, a recruiter hardly has so much time on his/ her hands. The resume must be carefully structured with specific natured information arranged as per the section headings. These headings must be clear so as to give the recruiter a clear picture as to what kind of information does that specific section includes. So, follow this format and draft a good resume. All the best!