Home » Legal Resume
» Sample Attorney (Labor Relations) Resume
Attorney (Labor Relations) Resume
A resume for Attorney, specializing in labor relations, to be effective, should include all the necessary skill-sets and emphasize on the experience gained. For drafting an inciting yet professional attorney resume, applicants can refer to the example resume provided below.
The sample attorney resume can also be referred for drafting any other type of legal job resume or even for drafting an attorney resume for civil or commercial law specializations. Irrespective of type of job, all resumes have similar format, and one would wonder, on what basis do the resumes get shortlisted. The answer is simple, and it all depends on two things; the outlook of resume and the details shared.
The extent of attractiveness of the resume, and the relevancy and credibility of details shared, determine if the employers would be incited to call the candidate for further rounds of interview process. An attorney resume should be attractive, so that it stands out of the lot and is able to grab employers' attention, considering the fact that there would be many such applications. Likewise, once the resume comes in employers' attention, the next thing is to convince them about one's reliability and suitability for the job profile. The same can be achieved from the details shared, which should be precise, convincing and supportive to the candidature. To draft such a resume, it required careful consideration of every aspect of resume writing, as illustrated through the attorney resume example given below.
Labor Relations Attorney Resume Sample
Joyce C. Turner
2186 John Revenue
Michigan - 49503
Tel: (517) 931 4630
To be part of a global organization, where I can bring my experience as a law professional to effective use, and contribute towards organizational stability and growth, by strategically resolving all legal issues.
An adept law professional, with 14 years of experience, and adept at industrial labor laws, I have helped companies in resolving their labor issues through tactful negotiations, and effective planning of legal policies, with long term and short term implications.
Eagle Crest Manufacturers Pvt. Ltd., Norborne Ave., Dearborn Heights, MI
(2008 - till date)
- Assist managing committee in drafting labor policies for the organization
- Interpret and explain the government policies, and statutory laws regulating the labor conditions
- To coordinate with HR department head for drafting appropriate HR policies, employee welfare policies, and grievance handling mechanism
- To assist HR department in ensuring that recommended labor facilities/provisions are in place, such as rest room, drinking water, recreation facilities, etc.
- To head the grievance committee for investigating labor complaints and other relevant issues
- To help implement administrative policies, especially when it comes to change management
- To help in drafting employee handbook, manuals and policy statements in accordance with federal labor laws
- To represent employer or company in labor meets and courts
Gibraltar Services Inc., Mile Rd., Southfield, MI
(2003 - 2008)
- To counsel or negotiate for various labor issues
- Act as mediator for resolving strikes or lockouts
- To analyze labor laws in new markets, where company is planing to expand business
- To negotiate terms and conditions for contract labor
- Assist organization in implementation of federal and statutory laws related to labor issues such as wages, on-premise facilities, etc.
- Represent the employer for litigations and grievances filed my labors
- Coordinate with HR department for development of labor welfare policies
- Review the guidelines and policies of the organization for labor related issues
- To interpret revised government policies for the employers, and help make appropriate changes in the existing organizational labor policies
- Representing the employers before employment boards and labor commissions
- Coordinate with investigating companies for labor investigations
Lawyer (Labor and Employment)
Gibraltar Services Inc., Mile Rd., Southfield, MI
(1998 - 2003)
- Represent the employers before the investigating agencies
- Negotiate for issues resulting in lockouts and strikes
- Defend employers' stand before the court for labor related litigations
- Coordinate with external agencies for exchange of valuable information
- Represent the company before the Human Rights organizations
- Address and record labor grievances
- Maintain a record of all litigations and their outcomes for future references
LLM (Masters in Law)
Keller Law School, Lincoln St., Birmingham, MI
(1996 - 1998)
BA-LLB (Bachelor of Law, Bachelor of commerce)
Everest Institute of Professional Studies, Haggerty Rd., Livonia, MI
(1991 - 1996)
- American Bar Association
- NPELA (National Public Employer Labor Association)
- LERA (Labor and Employment Relations Association)
- In depth knowledge of Labor Laws, state, national, and international
- Comprehensive knowledge and exposure to commercial and civil laws as well
- Negotiation skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
Can be made available on prior request.
Law professionals aspiring for Labor Relations Attorney position, can refer to Attorney resume sample above, and draft a professional and inciting resume.