Home » Fire Resume
» Sample Fire Equipment Technician Resume
Fire Equipment Technician Resume
A fire equipment technician resume is written by a person who has a good amount of experience and knowledge of all that goes into facilitating smooth fire safety operations; he has complete knowledge of all the firefighting equipments. During the times of emergency, he takes care of all the equipment and provides the fire fighters with all the backup in terms of safety and fire extinguishing equipment. Such a person is posted at every fire station where his job entails taking care of all the equipment like fire extinguisher systems, water hose and spare parts, firefighting sprinklers, fire sensors, alarms, water monitors, fire detector equipment, etc. and carry out inspections from time to time just to ascertain that all the fleet's equipment is in proper condition and ready to be used at all given times.
Following is a sample resume for your reference purpose.
Fire Equipment Technician Resume Sample
9 Hall Side Street
Carlisle, MA 01741
Self-driven, initiative taking individual, equipped with knowledge and experience in taking care of fire equipment, I am looking for this job opportunity to further utilize my skills in facing newer and greater challenges coupled with greater level of responsibility.
- 6 years of experience of working in fire stations and handling diverse responsibilities ranging from equipment inspecting to firefighting job.
- Expertise in repairing faulty equipment, in other cases, ordering new ones for replacing the worn out equipment.
- Experience in firefighting work and inspecting buildings
- Investigating fire causes and preparing report
- Excellent initiative taker and ability to finish the job with good results.
- Result-oriented individual with utmost discipline towards work.
- Good at handling and operating all the fire safety equipment.
- Expertise at repairing the equipment.
- Good communication skills with good verbal as well as written skills.
- Efficient in performing managerial duties like managing the subordinates and overseeing their work on day to day basis.
- Effective with time management skills to finish off work in given time period.
Delaware Fire Safety Department
Fire Alarm Technician (2009-Present)
- Inspected all the equipment from time to time for ensuring their working condition.
- Inspected new buildings for their fire safety standards and ensuring the alarms were installed there.
- Maintaining records of all the inspections and their subsequent results and recommendations.
- Planning the procurement of new equipment while keeping the cost under the budget limit for regular purchases; asking for increased budget when absolutely needed for big equipment.
Georgia Fire Department
Equipment Testing Engineer (2006-2009)
- Trained the new joinees by the way of real case studies and practice drills.
- Conceptualized plans for effective performance by the employees by training them well.
- Made sure that all the safety gear was in good condition.
- Prepared and maintained documents concerning repairs, fire fight missions and causality status.
- Bachelor's Degree in Fire Safety Engineering University of Iowa, 2005
- Riverdale High School, 1997
In bullet point format, list some of the important professional achievements of your career.