Home » Engineering Resume
» Sample Java Software Engineer Resume
Java Software Engineer Resume
A Java Software Engineer Resume is written by an IT professional who has a suitable educational background of Java platform and also has professional work experience in working around such a platform. The primary job of such a professional is to convert client needs into a working software/ systems application that can execute the needs of the clients and bring in results. While doing this, he has to work on Java platform to develop such applications.
In order to write this kind of resume, you can refer here for a sample resume which will show you the way to draft this resume while following the right format and the right kind of language. Apart from that, there are certain rules that are necessary to follow ion order to write that industry-standard resume which will impress the recruiter and ensure that he calls you for personal interview. One thing that the applicant should have already done before sitting to write the resume is- going through he company website and read about their work, portfolio and the nature of missions and vision statements. This gives the applicant a fair idea about the company and its expectation from an applicant. This will enable the applicant to structure the resume accordingly. Here are some rules related to all this.
- Mention your name and contact details in the beginning - It is important to start with your full name and contact derails so that in case the company selects you for the next round of interview, it faces no difficulty in contacting you. You should include your phone number and your email id for this purpose.
- Start with a crisp objective statement - IT is necessary that you start the body of the resume with a smartly structured and crisp objective statement that depicts the levels of your passion and the reason for applying for this job.
- Include brief headings for each section - You need top divide the body of the resume into a few headings in order to properly arrange the information suitably. These headings will include work experience, skills summary, profile summary and educational qualifications among others. This will also help the reader in finding the relevant information in yo9ur resume while reading it; he just has to read through the headings to find what he is looking for in specific.
- Keep it short and to the point - IT is not at all suitable to write a vary lengthy resume. The applicant must only include the relevant information under each section and leave out the rest. The reader is not there to read through all of your life's work; he is only interested in reading the information that ascertains that you could be a useful asset to the company.
- Proofread it - It is absolutely mandatory for you to proofread the entire resume once you are done writing it. This is essential in order to eliminate even the slightest mistake in the body- be it factual or grammatical. These mistakes could wreck havoc on your chances of getting selected for the job as these will spoil your reputation.
These are some of the rules one needs to keep in mind while writing a resume. Following is a resume sample in order to guide you through the flow and format of it all.
Java Software Engineer Resume Sample
4-Lake Street, Ellensburg, Los Angeles
Contact Details: (123) 622-1111
To make use of my expertise in the field of IT and work towards taking on new challenges while developing new applications for various computer platforms.
- 4 years of experience in managing projects and systems using various Java enabled applications.
- Sun certified professional with 2 years of relevant industry experience.
- Developed Java based interface applications for Mozilla, as well as for Opera web browsers.
- Vision for achieving goals with innovative and effective methodologies.
- Earned the award for 'Best Programmer' while working on the RED-1 Zeon application with Franco Tech.
- USP in test automation and critical errors solving.
- Good at making custom applications for various clients.
- Excellent at coding and decoding.
- Good managerial skills and leadership skills to lead the co-workers towards achieving goals.
- Effective communication skills in English- both written and verbal.
- Excellent time management skills enabling me to finish of work in time, thus achieving all the targets.
- Skilled in computer applications like Apache Tomcat, Apache Cocoon, McCabe Coverage, Borland Jbuilder, Microsoft Visual C++, TogetherSoft UML IDE, Eclipse ( WebSphere ), Source Control: Rational ClearCase, CVS, Perforce.
- Known computer operating systems- Java (J2SE, J2EE, JSP), Sun Solaris 8, Linux, MS Windows NT/2k/XP, Nemasoft Hyperkernel, Mozilla, IE development, Win32, MFC
Franco Tech Systems, Los Angeles
Senior Java Developer (2009-Present)
- Worked on a project for developing internet add-ons for improved performance and durability.
- Identified and worked on correcting coding errors in every subsequent version of applications.
- Handled a team of 6 programmers for working on the first phase of Microsoft-collaborated new Windows inbuilt applications.
- Worked on some 3-tier architecture interface add-ons.
- Handled the project on COM and DCOM based applications for creating low-risk processes.
Grumann Tech, New York
Java Engineer (2007-2009)
- Developed systems applications for airport security management systems and installed them for ready to use purposes.
- Provided back-end support 24x7 to website hosting companies for promoting their products and services.
- Customized and engineered the site layout for the clients in order to promote more accessibility and ease of use for the users and advertisers.
- Tested and modified codes for specific pages- consisting of dynamic content and static content.
- Held meetings with the clients and took brief on the amount of optimization and modification that they need on their website and/ or systems applications.
- Worked successfully on reducing the time gap between developing and implementation of applications for the clients, thus providing greater client satisfaction.
- 1 year certificate diploma in Java 1.2 from Sun Microsystems, 2007
- Bachelors in Computer Sciences, University of New York, 2006
- High School, Saint Christie Academy, New Orleans, 2003
This is how a Java Software Engineer Resume is written.