Home » Engineering Resume
» Sample IT Security Engineer Resume
IT Security Engineer Resume
An IT Security Engineer Resume is written by a professional whose job it is to secure all the official data and system security with robust firewalls and exclusive administrative passwords and rights. This is coupled with a strong server and backup facility.
An industry standard resume application for this post is written in a specific format of which there is a sample attached here. The important thing to take care of here is that the resume comprises of all the relevant details about your profession. This information is classified under different categories like objective statement, work experience, educational qualifications, achievements and other such headings. This style of writing the resume along with different headings will make it easier for the recruiter to find the required information just by following the headings.
- Objective Statement - In this section the applicant mentions in a crisp and brief form, his passion for the [articular job. It should be a convincing statement with believable passion quotient.
- Profile Summary - Here, one needs to put in the important information chronicling his/ her professional career till date. This also includes one's USP that he has developed in the profession.
- Skills Summary - Mention all of yours important skills that come handy in the line of your work. Write about the important skills first.
- Work Experience - It is the section which carries information about your previous work experience in other companies. Mention the company name, your designation and the time served there, without fail. All this needs to be written in a reverse chronological order.
- Education - Write about your relevant educational qualifications, including college degrees and diploma courses in a reverse chronological order.
- Achievements - Here, one could boast about his/her achievements in the professional field. Any awards, certificates or winnings could be mentioned here.
So these are some sections and the chronological order in which they appear in a resume. Following is a sample resume for your reference.
IT Security Engineer Resume Sample
30 Easter Way, Ellensburg, Los Angeles
Contact Details: (123) 761-0322
To utilize my expertise in the field of IT and data security by exercising my skills pertaining to firewalls, computer encryption scripts, servers and backup infrastructure.
- Total experience of 7 years in the field of data security and protecting the company's computers from outside malware, hacking attempts and viruses.
- USP at filtering malicious connection requests and websites.
- Good knowledge of various IT softwares solutions and platforms.
- Actively contributed to the development of such new techniques that will safeguard the data against even the most serious kind of threats.
- Worked on advanced encryption softwares and developed safe and secure networks for transmission of data.
- Worked for various big companies, as my clients, for securing their network and reducing the chances of data theft and other malicious attacks.
- Expert at Unix Linux, Windows and Mac machines.
- Driven by logical and methodical manners of solving problems by sequentially analyzing the problem levels and evaluating their recommended solutions one by one in beta stage.
- Excellent at defining goals and keeping the objectives clear, thus coming up with the exact and most precise solutions to the problems.
- Excellent at solving data related issues- be it data theft, corrupting of data, hard disk bad sectors or an event of hard disk crash.
- Always have backup options for all the procedures and solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills to tackle team members and keep them motivated towards their work.
- Strong at software testing and customizing them as per the client's security needs.
- Excellent communication skills in English- both verbal and written.
- Excellent command over Cisco MARS Administration, Subversion Change Management Administration and Cisco IOS Configuration (Netflow, ACLs, TAC+/Tacacs).
- Good at time management skills to get the jobs done on time.
Treadstone, Los Angeles
IT Department- System Security Head (2009-Present)
- Research and evaluation of different solutions for mitigating potential risks to the systems and securing them to an appropriate level.
- Formulating goals for the department and making sure that our security strategies achieve them.
- Carried out security risk evaluations on the servers and systems and checked the softwares, hardware and peripherals for any faults.
- Carrying out installations of new updates and removal of the obsolete ones.
- Responding immediately to reported virus attacks and bringing the situation under control.
- Contributing to the formulation and upholding of company's systems security policy.
- Approving new research and development programs for
- Training the new joinees and the existing employees to hone and update them about the new security products and methods.
- Preparing road map for optimizing our security and firewall with the changing times and threats.
Holtis IT Hub, New York
Information Security Engineer (2005-2009)
- Worked as the Information Security Engineer on various projects with the company.
- Developed research plans for developing new measures for tackling the ever changing virus definitions.
- Worked on debugging applications and restoring them to their state of normalcy.
- Worked on extracting data from the crashed hard disks, to the extent possible.
- Conducted meetings with the junior IT staff and addressed their queries and technical issues.
- Brainstorming with the team, in case of serious emergencies, to come up with the most optimum ways to handle them.
- Diagnosing the problems and delegating the responsibilities to the department staff.
Tambourine. IT Technologies
Trainee Engineer (2004-2005)
- Used computer lab skills and procedures to help the department tackle the IT issues on day to day basis.
- Assisted the team in scheduled systems inspections and ensuring that the entire IT infrastructure of the company is safe and secure, with updated anti-virus definitions.
- Took care of renewing the softwares' licenses and upgrading them on regular basis.
- Diploma in Systems Security, Institute of IT, 2004
- IT Engineering from the University of Philadelphia, 2003
This is how an IT Security Engineer Resume is written. So, all the best with drafting your resume.