Home » Engineering Resume
» Sample Hotel Maintenance Engineer Resume
Hotel Maintenance Engineer Resume
A hotel maintenance engineer resume is written by a candidate who has good experience in managing various kinds of technical/ electrical maintenance operations in a hotel setup. Such an individual needs to have an educational degree in Engineering. In addition to this, a hotel management degree/ diploma will also do.
Such an applicant's job involves handling maintenance jobs in the hotels, as well as interact with the guests, if need be. For such situations, it is needed that he be well-trained in etiquettes - in terms of talking, dressing and the general conduct. They are assigned with various infrastructural tasks which they need to perform efficiently. In other words, they are the backbone of the entire hotel operations, which rely on their services. The job involves taking care of the central air conditioning systems, managing and maintaining the fire safety system, and installing alarms and sprinklers, taking care of the power and generator backup system, installing Wi-Fi and internet connections, telephone connections, and mobile towers on the building, thus taking care of the entire communications setup of the building.
Writing a resume should be preceded by a thorough knowledge of all kinds of resume formats. Information on this can be got from the internet. Before adding any kind of information in the resume, you must first understand what kind of hotel it is, and what kind of things they expect from their employees. All this can be learnt by visiting the hotel's website, and reading about their mission and vision statements, and other details.
Hotel Maintenance Engineer Resume Sample
12 Darwin Street, Ellensburg, Los Angeles
Contact Details: (123) 822-9165
To make use of my expertise in the field of electrical engineering as well as hotel management, in order to serve the guests to the best of the standards and never give them a chance to complain.
- Total experience of 5 years in the field of hotel management, serving as Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- Overseen the entire building infrastructure for The Regal
- Full focus on serving the customers to the best of my capabilities, and supporting the hotel staff for the same cause
- Internship at Hyatt Regency, Las Vegas in 2005, as Assistant Maintenance Engineer
- Strongly driven towards delivering good performance; recommendation from the Piccadilly Hotel's Chief Manager, New York
- Excellent at managing pressure and busy situations, without compromising on the work quality.
- Ability to multi-task and handle all the projects well
- Excellent communications ability in English, apart from training in Italian and French languages
- Excellent interpersonal skills for facilitating good relations with colleagues and subordinates
- Best managerial skills to provide able leadership to the team of engineers and workers working on various projects
- Logical way of solving problems, with calm and composure
- Outstanding time-management skills for efficient completion of projects within the given time frame
The Regal, Los Angeles
Chief Maintenance Engineer (2009-Present)
- Ensured that the fire safety system was up and working fine at all times and all days
- Supervised the sound proofing of the hotel's conference hall, and the banquet hall facilities
- Troubleshooting and maintenance work on hotel lifts
- Installed and inspected the central air conditioning system in the hotel premises
- In-charge of the hotel security equipment - including managing and configuring the video camera systems, taking care of the electronic circuits at various exits of the building
Piccadilly Hotel, New York
Preventive Maintenance Engineer (2007-2009)
- In-charge of hotel modifications, and laying down of electrical wires and internet connection wires
- Took care of the fire safety systems, and inspected them on a regular basis
- Installed solar panels on the building roof, and thus, started to save on electricity, thus turning the hotel into one of the eco-friendly buildings
- Took care of all the electrical maintenance work, and ensured undisrupted power supply to all the rooms
- Diploma in Hotel Management, University of Ohio, 2007
- Bachelors in Science, Electrical Engineering, University of New York, 2004
- High School, Daniel Memorial, New Jersey, 2001
- Owning to my good time management skills, completed the modifications and electrical work at Piccadilly Hotel in 1 month, instead of 2 months, the original deadline
- Received recommendation letter from Piccadilly Hotel's Chief Manager in New York
This is how a hotel maintenance engineer resume is drafted. So all the best.