Home » Engineering Resume
» Sample Device Test Engineer Resume
Device Test Engineer Resume
A device test engineer resume is written to apply for a technical post in a company that is into electronic and mechanical operations. There can be two kinds of posts here- a post involving mechanical device testing and a post involving electronic work. Both the posts require different educational backgrounds with different work experience. Whenever such an opening comes, the nature of the job is written clearly along with the ad. So go through the entire ad attentively and make sure what kind of work does it involve.
The work of a test engineer will primarily involve testing the electronic product for its proper function/ performance, checking out if its in proper conformity with the industry standards, and ensuring that there are no glitches whatsoever in its design and software. If a problem is detected, the employee has to report it to the research and development cell, where the specialists take care of the problem and solve it. A resume sample for this post is included here for your reference. Please go through it before starting to write your won draft.
Device Test Engineer Resume Sample
31st North Side, 67 St.
Carlisle, MA 01741
To responsibly and accurately carry out my work while working with a leading manufacturing company and test the devices for conformity with the industry standards, while maintaining proper integrity towards my work.
- 7 years of rich experience of working experience in the field of electronics and manufacturing.
- Gained good experience while working for leading companies like Tasheki Electronics and KPB Electronics.
- Have led teams of researchers and testers on important assignments to test and commission electronics like mobiles and speaker systems before sending them for mass manufacturing.
- Rich in skills and apt for the job, as is clear from my experience.
- Skilled in testing the IC board for consistency and maintaining high standards of operation.
- Excellent analytical and testing skills for enhanced accuracy in performance.
- Good communication skill for communicating clearly with the people at work, both at higher level and at lower level.
- Excellent time management skills for producing results in time by finishing projects within the given time limit.
- Efficient team management skills for keeping the people motivated towards their work and getting them to perform well.
- Good at performing even under pressuring and demanding situations and still give the desired results.
- Good interpersonal skills for interacting and maintaining good relations with the colleagues and subordinates.
- Initiative taker at work and leading the team towards its goals.
Senior Test Engineer (2008-Present)
- Meticulously planned the processes and laid down the test procedures for the equipment.
- Met the manager and gave regular briefs on the progress made and the status of the pending testing procedures.
- Encouraged the new comers to participate in the discussions and come up with new and more efficient ways of doing things.
- Consulted with the R&D team on assignments and worked towards solutions to different kinds of software bugs and design glitches in the mobiles.
- Ensured the team's optimal usage of time to complete the tasks at hand.
- Took daily reports from all the team members and also assigned them different projects.
Mobile Device Test Engineer(2005-2008)
- Used my skills to mark out the basic design issues in the electronic devices such as mobiles and gaming consoles
- Suggested possible solutions to the design and development department.
- Stressed upon solutions that were optimal and cost efficient to implement to our product designs.
- Took the help of software programs to detect inconsistencies in the design and performance of the device.
- Trained the new employees and also conducted orientation program for them (the technical part of it) on the first day of their joining.
- Did M. Sc. in Electronic Engineering from New York University, 2003
- Completed bachelor? degree in Electronic Engineering, New York University, 2001
- Frank Watson High School, 1998
In bullet point format, list some of the important professional achievements of your career.
This is how a device test engineer resume is written. A proper structure and format, as followed in the above sample, needs to be adopted for writing an industry-standard professional resume. Notice how the entire resume has been divided into various clearly named sections like work experience and educational qualifications. This has been done to instill clarity and ease of understanding to the resume which is the entire point behind being able to impress the reader by showcasing your sense of clarity. Make no mistake, the resume is a very important piece of document that needs to be written with absolute precision and planning if you want to impress the recruiter and secure a spot in the subsequent rounds of interview.