Home » Engineering Resume
» Sample Car Test Engineer Resume
Car Test Engineer Resume
Just like every other product, even cars are tested before they are launched in the market. Testing cars is of utmost importance, as any fault in it may prove to be fatal. Your car is tested for each and every feature provided in it, be it power steering, adjustable roof tops, or ABS (Anti-Lock Breaking System). Each and every feature is equally important to be tested. Every OEM (Original Engine Manufacturer) has a testing section. The car is designed taking into consideration the "target audience" - a high speed sports car for young people, a sedan for businessmen, and a family car for city roads. The design of all these cars differs in chassis, engine type, etc. (a high speed engine would require more cc !). A Car Test Engineer will test different modules depending upon the area assigned - manufacturing or software development. Here a car test engineer resume is presented, and both the testing types are taken into consideration. It would be recommended that your resume should contain each and every detail of the work done. For example, if you have worked in software development and testing, then mention the module you have worked in (example, gearbox or engine), in particular. Your resume should be neat and clean (it should not be crumbled!) Prepare a synopsis of the things to be mentioned, and keep ready a hard and soft copy of your resume.
76, 87th floor th bl.
3598 Boggess Street
Dayton, OH 45402
I want to work as a Car Test Engineer in a company where my passion for cars and expertise would be utilized to improve the outputs.
I have worked in VOVLVOK Groups Pvt. Ltd., as an Assistant Car Test Engineer for 6 years, and later as a Senior Car Test Engineer in CumminsSK Groups Pvt. Ltd. for 3 years .
- Masters of Science( Automotive Engineering), State University Dayton, OH
- Bachelors of Science (Mechanical Engineering), State University Dayton, OH
- St. Peter's High School, High school certificate, S Dayton, OH
Industry: CumminsSK Groups Pvt. Ltd.
Job Title: Senior Car Test Engineer
Duration: 6 years
- To work in OBD (On Board Diagnostics) I and II teams software development
- To work in gearbox and ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) programming team
- To distribute the modules to the software engineers and the specifications required
- Responsible to send the specification data sheet to the OEM's (Original Engine Manufacturers) for the engine and chassis manufacturing
- Responsible to know the CARB regulations, and test the car in the laboratory
- To work with the software testing teams, and automated testing personnel for final testing of the ECM (Engine Control Module)
- To work with the car design team, to discuss the specifications required and tested
- To get the margin value for testing the hardware requirements
- Responsible to test the car as per the rules set by the government
- Responsible to check the emission standard compliance of the cars
Industry: VOVLVOK Groups Pvt. Ltd.
Job Title: Assistant Car Test Engineer
Duration: 3 years
- Responsible to check the software simulation of ECM (Engine Control Module)
- Responsible to test the safety gadgets in the car
- ABS (Anti-lock Braking System)
- Airbag system electronics
- Anti-theft system
- Anti-collision system
- Night vision system
- Responsible to test the multimedia systems in the car: GPS(Global Positioning System) and audio systems
- Responsible to test the mileage of the car in the laboratory, and the on-road (actual drive) testing
- Responsible to check the electronics system in the car: engine connections, ECM (Engine Control Module) and distributorless spark plug connections
- Responsible to check the emissions with the latest emission control set by the government
- Responsible to check passenger safety equipment (seat belts, GPS etc.)
- Responsible to check both off -board diagnostics, and on-board Diagnostics I & II in the car
- Writing test cases for gearbox system in Teststand and Labview
- Responsible to write the testing script in MATLAB
Certifications and Skills:
- Comfortable working in Teststand and Labview softwares for testing
- Knowledge of Manual testing
- Worked in :Engine, transmission and Emission section of the car
- Dennis L. Taylor
67, 56 floor
3252 Euclid Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614
Contact Number: 872-383-4231
- Lillian C. Sylva
45, 98th floor
1511 Romines Mill Road
Dallas, TX 75207
Contact Number: 763-484-5325
The car test engineer resume above gives the work experience details of both hardware and software fields in car testing. You must mention the work details in the specific domain you have worked in. Mention the software platforms and tools you have used earlier (you might have seen the employer advertisements where the knowledge of particular tool is mandatory). Also, mention the versions and the OS (Operating System) platform used.