Home » Education Resume
» Sample Teacher (Elementary School) Resume
Teacher (Elementary School) Resume
Elementary schooling is an important phase of schooling in a student's educational life. In this phase, students learn the basics. When the basics are clear, only then can one move ahead. Thus, the role of an elementary school teacher is very important in a student's life. Anyone willing to work at this position needs to meet specific eligibility requirements, skills, and qualifications while her elementary teacher resume should reflect the same effectively. The basic skills to work as a teacher include passion for teaching and the skill to handle a class of students with varied mindsets, qualities, skills, and abilities.
This resume sample will help us to understand:
- Required skill sets for elementary teacher job position
- Its roles and responsibilities
- Qualifications needed
- Procedure to draft an effective resume for the said position
Peter K. Brown
5874 Light Lane
Alexandria, VA 21228
Excel at my work and continuously update myself with the latest concepts, methodologies, etc., which would help me deliver the best to students. Willing to work in an environment, wherein I get the freedom to preach according to my techniques and methods and help students in all possible manners in their journey of life to lead them towards a bright future.
A total work experience of 4 years. Currently working with Bishop's School, where I independently handle a class of 30 students and teach math and English. Having begun my career as a Teacher's Assistant (while I was pursuing my degree), I am familiar with the roles and responsibilities of a teacher and have added to my skills and expertise through continuous efforts and zeal to learn new things.
Current Employer: Bishops School, VA
(2012- till date)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Handle a class of 30 students
- Maintain the attendance record of students of the class
- Teach math and English to school students
- Maintain all the records of students of the class, pertaining to tests, evaluations, feedback, leaves, etc.
- Design evaluation papers for math and English
- Check the papers and give proper grades and feedback to students
- Supervise the evaluation tests arranged for students
- Assign proper homework and grade the same
- Keep a check on students' behavior and take strict disciplinary actions, if needed
- Conduct meetings with parents on a regular basis post the evaluation results
- Encourage and motivate students to pursue their interests, express their talent, etc.
- Active participation in the methodologies and decision making procedures of the school
- Work in coordination with other staff members
- Organize cultural, arts, and sports events
- Motivate students to participate in various competitions and guide them accordingly
- Design effective teaching materials such as presentations, charts, etc., to make learning more interesting and fun-filled
- Best Teacher Award - 2013
- Received an appreciation letter from the Head Teacher for brilliant methods of teaching
- Guided and trained students for the Inter-School Quiz Competition, wherein the school bagged in the first prize
St. Mary's Girls School
Designation: Teacher Assistant
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Helped students to learn and understand different subjects
- Assisted teachers in preparing effective training materials
- Taught art and craft to students
- Helped students to prepare for various exams, tests, competitions, etc.
- Worked on the feedback given to students and helped them rectify the same
- Helped teachers by taking extra efforts for dull students
- Motivated and encouraged students
- Accompanied teacher during class picnics, outings, etc.
- Followed the instructions given by teachers
- Communicated with the staff and parents to understand the requirements of students and work accordingly
Bachelor of Arts - 2011
- Diploma in Elementary Education Training - 2013
- Diploma in Teacher Assistant - 2012
Proficient with computer operations, web surfing, etc.
Extra Curricular Activities:
- Good at art, craft, and drawing and participated in many competitions
- Participated in cultural programs of schools and colleges
- Won first prize in an inter-college sketching competition - 2012
- Won second prize in a solo-dance competition - 2013
Looking for suitable opportunities in Virginia, Florida, and Connecticut.
Available on request
Peter .K. Brown
The teachers working with elementary schools need to have exceptionally good teaching skills, should have the understanding and ability to match the thinking level and grasping power of students to teach accordingly, and must responsibly perform all the duties of a good teacher and mentor. The sample of elementary teacher resume given above helps in understanding the format of an effective resume and would thus, help in drafting a resume for the said position.
You can have a look at the elementary teacher resume from this teacher resume section. There is a really good collection of teacher resumes.