Home » Driver Resume
» Sample OTR Driver Resume
OTR Driver Resume
OTR driver resume must be precise and relevant to draw the attention of the employers and leave a strong impression on their minds. Basically, OTR means "over the road" and the drivers associated with this concept of driving are called OTR drivers. These drivers are quite responsible of handling the heavy load of deliveries with complete safety and efficiency. This particular truck driver job completely depends the products that are to be delivered from one finite destination to another. Know that the drivers have to safely deliver goods, materials, and other loads of materials from the manufacturing plant to the requested warehouse or any domestic client.
Several of such kinds of heavy loads are usually carried by various types of over the road vans or trucks. For your information, experienced drivers can easily apply for this particular job position and grab the available job opportunity. In order to apply for this profession, you have to build an exceptional resume application that is noticed by your hiring manager. In addition, your professional work experience should compel him to select you for an interview.
In here, for your convenience, you are offered with a perfect resume sample for the post of OTR driver. This can surely help you in drafting your job application.
Sandra P. James
3275 Allison Avenue
Newport News, VA - 23601
Phone: (757) 591-4471
Wishing to secure a better position as an over the road truck driver in a well-reputed institution, where I can skillfully build my technical skills and abilities. Willing to be a part of a growing institution and continue to enhance my driving skills in this particular field.
Capable and skilled enough to handle various kinds of regular and special product deliveries; three years of knowledge and experience in this particular field. Particularly, familiar with the FMCSA norms and conditions.
- Diploma Program in Hazmat Programs from Thomas Edison State College, New Jersey
- Driver License, Class-A, CDL, License No. XXXXX
- Graduation in Transport & Sanitation from The College of New Jersey, New Jersey in 2011 - Grade A
- High School from William Community High School, New Jersey in 2008 - Grade A in Commerce
- Skilled in dealing with various kinds of domestic and regional clients or customers
- Outstanding interpersonal and communicational skills and abilities
- Capable of handling different kinds of configured equipment or instruments assigned
- Three years of complete experience in this particular field
- Clean CDL driving record and exceptional OTR driving experience
- Ability to work in a challenging surrounding efficiently
Technical and Professional Skills:
- Competent in handling the complex technical work associated with vehicle maintenance
- Well-trained to fix the minor complexities of CDL truck, vans, and heavy carriers
- Proficient in maintaining the computerized data sheets and other scheduling procedures
- Skilled in handling the transportation of hazardous and non-hazardous materials and other chemical products
- Ability to communicate in various languages and build a professional, healthy relationship with different clients
Current Employer: Grey & Daniel Interline Incorporation (2012 - till date)
Designation: OTR Driver
- Conducted various kinds of testing before the dispatch of materials and associated regular maintenance work of the vehicles
- Handled various shipments of heavy goods and materials safely from the manufacturing plant to respective clients or warehouses
- Looked after the important documentation work and efficiently handled the necessary dispatch paperwork
- Communicated with various staff members to report about the arrival of shipments, delay in transportation, minor accidents, etc.
- Inspected the overall servicing of various kinds of delivery vehicles and handled their pallet jacks, lift gates, load bars, etc.
Previous Employer: Jacob & Sons Brands Corporations (2011-2012)
Designation: OTR Driver
- Skilled in maintaining records or logs regarding the materials dispatched, traveling charges, trip fuel, mileage reports, bills of ladings, and other necessary statements
- Handled the verification of the ordered shipments prior to their dispatch and safely transported them to their requested destinations
- Performed roadside inspections for major safety purposes and various other administrative regulations and organizational policies
- Installed various kinds of safety devices for precautionary measures and removed worn out tire chains for proper functioning
- Handled the transportation of priority goods and materials even in worse situations and bad climatic or environmental conditions
Achievements and Awards:
- Praised for meeting the assigned deadlines in a timely manner and safely transporting the production
- Awarded for maintaining healthy and professional relationship with various clients as a company representative
- Awarded for having a clean CDL driving record, maintaining the adequate production of products, and looking after the safe transportation of goods at Jacob & Sons Brands Corporations
Philip Start - Production Manager
Ronny & Sons Glass House Pvt. Ltd.
Donald McGee - Warehouse Assistant
Forbes Group of Services
Mary Milan - Senior Administrator
Fox & Sons Corporation
Mobility and Flexibility:
Willing to relocate anywhere in Vancouver and Costa Rica
I hereby declare that the above-mentioned information is correct and true as per my knowledge.
Sandra P. James
In order to have a good hold over the available job opportunity, draft a perfect resume application that can guide you in achieving your dream goals. For your assistance, you are offered with a free resume sample for the position of OTR driver. An impressive resume sample can surely help you in shaping your professional career.