Home » Driver Resume
» Sample Locomotive Driver Resume
Locomotive Driver Resume
Locomotive driver resume must be perfect and innovative enough to win the attention of your potential employer and make you consider you as a qualified driver. You have to draft a job winning application that would compel the recruiters to select you for the applied job position. However, you have to formally apply for the relevant job position and clearly mention your goals and objectives to highlight your profile before the reader or hiring manager. In addition, you need to focus on your professional credentials, educational background, major accomplishments, etc. These are some of the basic features that can force the recruiters to select you for an interview.
Locomotive driver is a qualified job position and so, you should have the complete potential to handle each and every specified assignment. Here, the drivers are mainly responsible for handling various heavy transportation vehicles, looking after the storage facilities at integrated terminals, inspecting the maintenance work, safely operating according to the specified schedule, etc. In this way, they are in sole charge of the major locomotive operations and associated functions.
This being a progressive job profession, several candidates can create a better professional career. Here, you are offered with a perfect resume sample for the job position of locomotive driver.
Allie M. Reid
2735 Diane Street
Santa Barbara, CA - 93101
Email: allie firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (805) 450-8347
Looking for a qualified position as a locomotive driver in a well-recognized organization, where I can gain complete knowledge in this associated field or division. Wishing to enhance my driving skills and abilities and try to be a complete asset to the organization.
Five years of complete experience in this field as a locomotive driver; skilled and well-trained to handle several railroad rules and regulations, certain operational activities, etc. Capable of handling various other safe operating functions of rail freight corridors and executing the data entry computation processes
- Certified Program in Safe Rail Operating Procedures from University of Hawaii System, Hawaii
- GM Locomotive Certificate – Certificate of Competency
- Driver's License, Class-A, CDL, License No. XXXXX
- Bachelor's Degree in Transport & Communication from Brigham Young University, Hawaii in 2009 - Grade B
- High School from Manoa Community High School, Hawaii in 2006 - Grade A in Science
- Skilled and expert in handling various kinds of multilingual passengers and staff employees
- Exceptional communicational and interpersonal skills and abilities
- Five years of skilled knowledge and understanding as a locomotive driver
- Flexible and efficient enough to work in various shifts and on weekends
- Qualified enough to handle complex situations easily and resolve them systematically
- Prompt and sound enough to understand the environmental polices and associated procedures
Technical and Professional Skills:
- Expert in driving heavy locomotive vehicles safely and systematically
- Efficient knowledge in understanding various rail roads as per the regional weather conditions
- Qualified in handling various security systems, rail safety protocols, train schedules, etc.
- Competent in handling various mechanical and technical problems of locomotive engines
- Capable of handling the 2-way communication system for informing passengers and other rail staff associates
- Complete knowledge and ability to handle safety norms and condition, compute the train schedules, and supervise the engine's move controls
Current Employer: Southern Gateway Express (2011 - till date)
Designation: Locomotive Driver
- Systematically and safely transported each and every passenger to his respective destination
- Looked after the overall maintenance of rail engines and assisted the mechanics in fixing certain minor problems
- Maintained and guided other drivers to follow the safety rail rules and relegations specified by the Southern Gateway Express
- Inspected the working of communication channels, hand signalers and shunter, and fresh medical safety kits before the departure of rails from their stations
- Systematically maintained complete and correct logs regarding rail arrival and departure, distance covered, major and minor halts, fuel refilling and its charges, etc.
Previous Employer: Northern Command Express (2009-2011)
Designation: Locomotive Driver
- Systematically obeyed each and every fixed signal and associated hand signal as well as followed the safety norms and conditions
- Efficiently communicated with various station inspectors for particular information regarding area or climatic conditions, etc.
- Maintained appropriate records in both computational and written form and systematically submitted them to the higher authorities
- Safely and securely transported rail passengers to their respective or requested destinations
- Communicated with the 2-way radio channels for reporting about late arrival and departure, certain accidents, rail blocks, etc.
Achievements and Awards:
- Honored for accurately handling and completing the requested rail documentation and data entry procedures
- Complimented for holding a clean driving record and GM locomotive competency certificate
- Awarded for handling the communication channels efficiently, transporting passengers to their respective stations, and assisting technicians in resolving problems at Southern Gateway Express
- Three times winner of an award for interpreting clear train orders, handling associated signals for various routes, verifying locomotive errors, and maintaining the traffic control center
- Felicitated for ensuring safe and secure transportation, looking after the overall maintenance work, assisting staff employees in their critical work orders at Northern Command Express
Meryl Thomson - Senior Communication Manager
Henderson South Express
Owen Yang - Executive Manager
Harbor Port Regional Express
Laurel Stuart - Technical Manager
Dallas Central Express
Mobility and Flexibility:
Willing to relocate anywhere in New Jersey and New York
I hereby declare that the above-mentioned information is correct and true as per my knowledge.
Allie M. Reid
For complete understanding and support, you are offered here with a systematic and appropriate resume application for the position of locomotive driver. This perfect application can surely assist you in drafting your resume and getting a position secured for the applied job. Know that a perfect and well-built resume application can certainly help you in building a bright professional career with accomplished goals and objectives.