Home » Consultant Resume
» Sample Technical Consultant Resume
Technical Consultant Resume
Resumes provide a platform, with the help of which you can represent yourself in front of the recruiter expressing your skills and knowledge that makes you the right candidate for the post. If you posses good knowledge in the technical arena and willing to purse a career as a technical consultant you must construct a technical consultant resume that outlines your eligibility as a technical consultant. A technical consultant is a professional engaged in providing guidance and assistance in technical areas that include IT management, analysis of systems and technical procedures, project designing, analysis, supervision, and assistance, programming and system designing. Applicants applying for the post must posses good knowledge of various types of computer applications, software, and be familiar with various languages. He/she must also possess good analytical skills along with good communication and presentation skills.
While drafting a resume, applicants must make sure that their resume is up to the mark and stands as per contemporary standards of resume presentation. There are certain things which you need to keep in mind while writing your resume so as to make it look persuasive and appealing. Applicants who aren't familiar with the procedures and technicalities involved in resume writing must follow the below mentioned tips and guidelines that will help in constructing an apt resume for the above mentioned post.
Tips for writing a proper Technical Consultant Resume
- Format: You can organize all the important data and information systematically in an organized manner with the help of a good format. You must select a format that suites the post well and provides a strong base through which you can present yourself in front of the recruiting team, with the help of your resume.
- Tone and language: You need to make sure that you make use of proper words and phrases and use official tone. Resumes are written for job applications and hence serves an official purpose, therefore using a formal tone is recommended. You must not use colloquial of informal words or phrases in your resume as it will affect the quality of your resume, ultimately hampering your job application.
- Size: Your resume must not be too long as no reader will be interested in reading such a resume. Recruiters spend only 30 seconds to determine your eligibility. So your resume must be concise and must convey more information using minimum space. You must avoid large sentences and paragraphs and use bulleted points wherever applicable.
- Chronological order: You should maintain a chronological order while mentioning about your professional experiences, academic pursuits, achievements, etc. it makes the resume look systematic and appropriate.
- Avoid: You must avoid using the words, 'I', 'me', 'we', etc. while writing your resume. You should avoid addressing any particular body or institution while writing your resume. You must also avoid providing irrelevant information that is not related to the post in any aspect.
- Proof Read: Check and proof read your resume before sending it to the recruiter as it enables flawless resume presentation.
Below is a technical consultant resume sample provided to assist you further in writing a proper resume for the post.
Sample Technical Consultant Resume
Robert C. Richards
2675 Wolf Pen Road
San Francisco, CA 94107
Career Objective: Seeking a position in a reputed organization where I can get a healthy environment to work successfully as a technical consultant helping in the progress of the firm and gain quality work experience as well.
Career Profile: Presently working as a technical consultant in Unix Corporation as a Technical Consultant from the past 6 years. Possess excellent analytical skills along with a good hold over both written and verbal communication.
Summary of Skills:
- Posses a professional experience of 6 years in the field.
- Possess excellent knowledge in both hardware and software applications.
- Ability to provide expert advise and recommendation in preventing and solving software and hardware malfunctions.
- Troubleshooting and following contemporary security standards.
- Rich knowledge of software security, installing and updating of anti-virus, firewalls etc.
- Excellent communication skills with rich expertise in managing clients.
Firm: Midland Corporations
Position: Technical Consultant
Duration: May 2009 to present
- Worked in close contact with the client and implemented new ideas according to their needs and demands.
- Developed and implemented procedures as specified by clients.
- Assisted in the purchasing, installing, and maintenance of technical products.
- Monitoring technical systems and frameworks and recommending solutions and troubleshooting.
Firm: Antova Consultancy
Position: Technical Consultant
Duration: March 2006 to April 2009
- Worked with clients and customers and solved their technical problems.
- Made recommendations to clients.
- Analyzed technical procedures and systems of clients and suggested better solutions in places that require improvement.
- Made recommendations on software security and anti-virus software.
- Certified in Computer Applications from Caltech University 2003.
- Completed masters in Computer Applications from Caltech University, 2005.
Enclosure: Appreciation letter & resume.
Reference: Provided on request.
The above provided sample and tips will surely help you in writing a proper technical consultant resume that will go a long way in assisting you while you apply for the position.