Home » Consultant Resume
» Sample Security Consultant Resume
Security Consultant Resume
A security consultant resume must portray applicant's skills and knowledge in providing security related recommendations and solutions, to a client in context to safeguard a personal or official property of the client. Security Consultants may specialize in a number of fields most common among which is providing software security, and information technology (IT) security solutions. Security consultants may also be assigned to provide security solutions to official and governmental buildings, public and personal property, and providing protection to clients life against various external threats.
A security consultant generally inspects or analyzes the present situation in context to security and protection of the property, and recommends ideas and programs in areas that require improvements. He is also responsible for planning and designing improved security frameworks and systems that guarantees better protection of the client's property. If you are applying for the position of a Security Consultant, and are puzzled about how to construct a resume for the post, you may consider following the below mentioned tips and guidelines that will help you in drafting a proper resume.
Guidelines for writing a Security Consultant Resume
- Research: Do some research on the internet, and go through samples provided on-line, before attempting to write the resume. On-line research will help you in gaining better knowledge on the rules and techniques involved in writing a proper resume.
- Format: Choose a proper format that suits the profile well for writing your resume. There are several format styles available, and you can select one for constructing your own resume. Proper formating enables better resume presentation, and helps in representing yourself in a systematic and organized fashion.
- Appearance: The appearance of your resume plays a vital role, as the recruiter decision whether to go through the full resume depends on the first glance. He won't spend more than 30 seconds in determining whether to approve your resume or not. It is therefore important to make the resume appealing, and keep it to the proper length.
- Length: Simplify the content in your resume, and make it short and compact. A lengthy resume will kill the interest of the reader, and therefore, you must provide only the necessary information.
- Categories your resume: Divide your resume into several groups discussing separately, about skills, objective, work experience, education, etc. This will enable the recruiter to quickly grasp all the important points, helping him in determining your eligibility.
- Use bulleted points: Use bulleted points wherever necessary, and avoid using long sentences and paragraphs. By doing so you can give maximum information in limited space, and it facilitates quick reading and interpretation of your resume.
- Proofread after completion: Proofread your resume before drafting it, to ensure that you deliver a flawless resume.
Sample Security Consultant Resume
Ricky D. Bates
2323 Glenwood Avenue
Cleveland Heights, OH 44118
Telephone: 399 99989289
Career Objective: Seeking a position as a Security Consultant in a firm, where I can use my skills and knowledge for providing better security related solutions to clients, thus aiding in the progress and growth of the firm.
Profile Summary: I have an experience of 5 years in the field of Security Consulting with the opportunity to work with some reputed organizations. Possess excellent communication skills along with better client management attributes.
Skills and Expertise:
- Possess expertise in designing and developing new security frame works in official and residential areas
- Expertise in handling security related tools and equipments, like alarms, CCTV cameras, monitors, wiring, etc.
- Expertise in analyzing client's property, and designing new plans for improving the security standards of the property
- Expertise in installation of security related devices
- Proficiency in communicating with clients and understanding their requirement
Firm: Zeus Security Services
Designation: Security Consultant
Duration: April 2009 to April 2012
- Primarily assigned to manage clients, and look after their demands
- Provided better security solutions to clients and customers
- Designed and developed client specific security frameworks
- Provided training to new employees in various security related programs
Firm: Trinity Security Solutions
Designation: Security Consultant
Duration: March 2007 to March 2009
- Management of clients and customers
- Analysis and inspection of client's property that is to be secured
- Designing of new security systems and frameworks for clients
- Recommending better security solutions and marketing goods and services related to security
- Completed Bachelors in Arts form California University in 2006.
- Completed post graduation in Security Management from ABC Institute in 2007.
I hereby declare that the above information is true as per my knowledge.
Enclosure: Resume, Reference letters, Appreciation letter.
The above sample and tips will surely go a long way in providing better access to applicants in writing their security consultant resume. With an appropriately written resume, you can surely apply for the Security Consultant post confidently, and turn the job application into a successful endeavor.