Home » Consultant Resume
» Sample Human Resource Consultant Resume
Human Resource Consultant Resume
A Human Resource Consultant resume is a resume that describes applicant's skills and potential, in managing and directing human resources for the purpose of increasing productivity of an organization. With the commencement of industrialization and globalisation, human beings have turned out to be an important asset in the production of goods and services, and is now considered as a resource. Management of human resource means assigning the right person for the right job, which will help in better productivity, management, and maintenance of goods and services. A human resource consultant performs a variety of functions depending on the type and nature of the firm he/she is working with.
A Human Resource Consultant may be assigned for performing integrated HR processes, recommending new plans and programs to employees for obtaining a better output, appointing new employees for the right posts, directing employees, and increasing their productivity, client and customer management, maintaining healthy relationship with external bodies, and a variety of other functions. An applicant applying for the position of a Human Resource Consultant, must have the qualities of understanding, managing and directing human resources, with excellent communication, work, and time management, and presentation skills. Below are some important tips that will help you in designing a proper resume for the position.
Resume writing guidelines
- Determine a proper format: Before attempting to construct the resume, you must first decide on the type of format you will be using to construct your resume. There are several formats available, and is broadly divided into functional, chronological, and chrono-fuctional resumes. Chronological resumes puts more emphasis on your work experience, and functional resume puts more emphasis on your skills and assets. Chronological resumes are best suited for writing professional resumes, and is therefore, recommended for writing a human resource consultant resume.
- Divide your resume into several sections: Categorize the information in your resume into several sections, thus enabling the recruiter to have a better understanding of your nature and aspects. Give proper headlines, and use bulleted points instead of long sentences and paragraphs.
- Capitalize on your strengths: The recruiter will try to know your skills and talents, and therefore, you must effectively portray your professional and technical knowledge that you have garnered over the years.
- Professional History: Briefly describe your professional history, giving an account of the firms you have been previously associated with, and responsibilities performed in each.
- Academic details: Describe your educational career, and mention the degrees and accolades you have earned while in school and college.
- Proof read your resume: Proof reading helps in making your resume error free, and helps in the presentation of a flawless resume.
Sample Human Resource Consultant Resume
Edward J. Dutton
2011 Post Farm Road
Atlanta, GA 30303
Telephone: 3897 934323
Objective: Seeking a position in a reputed organization as a Human Resource Consultant, where I can use my skills and expertise in management and resourcing of employees for facilitating better productivity and progress.
Profile Summary: Possess a professional experience of 3 years in the field of Human Resource Consulting, with the opportunity to work with two established organizations, providing better human resourcing solutions, and gaining quality work experience.
Skills and Expertise:
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management and work management skills
- Proficiency in making new plans and programs in directing human resource engaged in a firm
- Expertise in predicting the future benefits, and taking steps respectively
- Ability to understand the quality of human resources, and assign them accordingly
- Designing and executing new plans and programs in the field of managing and directing human resources
- Ability to increasing productivity by engaging the right employees in the right field.
Firm: Helix Internationals
Duration: July 2011 to July 2012
Designation: Human Resource Consultant
- Designing and development of new plans an programs related to human resourcing.
- Management of human resource and appointing the right candidate for the right post.
- Engaged in procedures of recruitment and employee appraisals.
- Taking necessary steps in increasing productivity by directing the human resource accordingly.
Firm: Globaldine Industries Pvt. Ltd.
Duration: June 2009 to June 2011
Designation: Human Resource Consultant
- Primarily assigned to make new plans and programs in the management of human resource
- Reviewing and inspecting employees
- Assigning employees to the right posts where they can work effectively
- Inspection of employee work records, and making new plans for increasing productivity of each employee
- Achieved Masters in Business Management with specialization in Human Resource from New York University in 2008.
- Completed Graduation in Arts with specialization in Economics from New York University in 2006.
Deceleration: I hereby declare that the above details provided are true as per my knowledge.
Enclosure: Resume, Appreciation letter.
Reference: Provided on request.
The above sample and tips for writing a human resource consultant resume will surely go a long way in providing enough assistance to applicants in writing their own resume and apply successfully in a firm.