Home » Construction Resume
» Sample Construction Inspector Resume
Construction Inspector Resume
Construction inspectors are responsible for analyzing and inspecting new building structures to make sure that they are in compliance with the local and national zoning regulations. They are adept at making quick observations and work in teams for larger projects. They also ensure that the building structures are built according to the safety regulations set by the government. The job nature may change slightly with the change in client business and type of buildings they inspect.
Construction inspectors should have a good knowledge of the zoning regulations of the area they are currently designated to. They create detailed analysis reports, which are then later submitted to the zonal officers to approve or disapprove the construction license based on the observations made by the construction inspector. Your construction inspector resume should highlight your expertise in the same and mention your work experience in good detail.
In order to be suitable for this position, the applicant needs to have a high school diploma and relevant experience of minimum 3 years. A major portion of this job is learned while working, hence experience plays a vital role in acquiring this job position.
Below is a construction inspector resume sample.
Chuck K. Larsen
3319 Fannie Street
Bryan, TX 77803
To work with a well settled construction company as a Construction Inspector, using my natural talent and skills in inspection work for the benefit of the company and my career growth.
Worked for 3 years as a Construction Inspector.
- Good communication and writing skills
- Ability to objectively record observations and inspect construction sites based on the local zoning rules and regulations set up by the government
- Good in creating detailed reports
- Adept at handling large projects and completing their inspection before the deadlines
- Decent managerial skills for handling large groups of people
- Practical knowledge of using computers and applications such as MS Office
- Good leadership qualities
- Good at motivating team members to achieve the goals
- Ability to meet deadlines before their expiry
- High School: ABC High School, Dallas, TX (March, 2011)
Construction Inspector: DynaGrow Construction Industries Pvt. Ltd. 1120 1104 San Antonio St., Austin, TX
(April, 2012 - Till Date)
- Supervising and working in a team of 4 construction inspectors
- Scouting the entire construction site and then assigning different areas, floors, and departments amongst the construction inspectors strategically
- Coordinating with the architects for any queries or unbuilt areas
- Checking the raw materials used and confirming whether they meet the zonal raw material quality standards
- Assigning different shifts and duties as per the 24 hour schedule made by the construction manager for ensuring that the inspection is done before the set deadlines
- Thoroughly checking the premises for faults in the building structures
- Guiding the architects with minor adjustments and safety changes needed to be made to the structure
- Making the plans of action for inspection activities for the most efficient workflow
- Creating in-depth reports and submitting them to the zonal construction officer for analysis
- Maintaining and organizing important documents and reports made from the observations made and submitting them in a final format to the zonal officer when the entire inspection is complete
- Training new construction inspectors on the local zoning rules and regulations and working of the machinery currently being used
Construction Inspector: Barbara and Sons International Construction Services Pvt. Ltd., 600 Round Rock West Dr., Round Rock, TX
(April, 2011 to March, 2012)
- Managing the duties and tasks of a team consisting of 5 construction inspectors
- Delegating tasks according to priority and ensuring that all the task reports are made in time
- Arranging meetings with the architects and builders to come up with a plan that would help the builders to save time and that the structures would be made as per the zoning rules and standards
- Recruiting new construction inspectors as and when required
- Providing daily feedback on the construction work to the builders and architects and advising them on the changes that need to be made for compliance
- Arranging workshops on zonal construction rules and regulations for educating the workers
- Maintaining clear and up-to-date communication between construction inspectors working across all the departments
- "Best Construction Inspector Award" – Awarded by the staff for the month of July, 2013
- "Best Construction Inspector Award" – Awarded by the construction manager for excellent performance
Name: Willie G. Hostetter
Designation: Construction Manager
Organization: DynaGrow Construction Industries Pvt. Ltd., 1120 1104 San Antonio St., Austin, TX
Name: Kenneth A. Sanborn
Designation: Senior Construction Supervisor
Organization: Barbara and Sons International Construction Services Pvt. Ltd., 600 Round Rock West Dr., Round Rock, TX
The candidates would have a tough time if their construction inspector resumes aren't well written. The above construction inspector resume example can be referred and changed as required. One must make sure that the details entered in the resume are correct and that he has genuine document proofs for the same. Majority of the employers ask for documents during the interview for authentication purposes.