Home » Communications Resume
» Sample Radio Copy Writer Resume
Radio Copy-Writer Resume
Radio copywriters are responsible for writing scripts for the radio commercials aimed at selling client products or increasing awareness about the organizations. They must have excellent writing skills and good knowledge about how the targeted demographic audience would receive the advertisement and react to it. They must be good at developing interest by creating short advertisements for products and other services.
Radio copywriter resume should contain all the relevant experience in the same field while some recruiting organizations may also require an audio demo reel of the candidate's work in the past. While in majority of the cases, this wont be required; it would be a good idea if the applicant has his demo work ready and brings it along with him at the time of the interview. Experience, achievements, and educational qualification should be mentioned clearly in the resume.
The applicant needs to have completed a bachelor's degree in mass communication in order to be eligible for this position. Relevant field experience and a master's degree would help greatly in making the resume stand out and increase the overall value of the candidate.
Below is a radio copywriter resume sample.
Steven E. Brown
2196 Ross Street
Marissa, IL 62257
To work in a popular radio station as a Radio Copywriter, using my natural talent in writing and experience for writing new entertaining ads for the benefit of the radio station and to seek professional growth.
3 years of field experience as a Radio Copywriter.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Capable of thinking creative and out of the box
- Proficient in writing scripts for jingles, advertisements, short songs, radio station themes, etc.
- Good team player and possesses sound leadership skills
- Proficient with computer operations and MS Office
- Vast knowledge of the demographics and ability to make demographic specific advertisement scripts
- Good time management skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Mass Communication: YPP College of Mass Communication, Chicago, IL (April, 2008 - April, 2011)
High School: AFT High School, Chicago, IL (March, 2008)
Radio Copy-Writer: 98.6 ZED FM Radiot Station, Merrillville, IL
(April, 2013 till date)
- Supervising the daily activities in the writing department of the radio station
- Writing snippets and scripts for radio advertisements and other third party commercials
- Maintaining clear and direct communication with the clients to understand their needs about how the advertisement should sound and feel to the listening audience
- Writing scripts and sending them to the senior writers for validation and making changes as advised
- Working in an environment with tight deadlines
- Helping the humor department by writing jokes and funny short stories for them
- Writing for multiple clients simultaneously and arranging meetings to get preliminary feedback on how they want the advertisement content to be
- Working closely with singers and radio jockeys to ensure that the advertisements sound exactly the way they are required by the clients
- Researching for new creative idea inspirations and keeping a watch on the current affairs
- Making seasonal advertisements and short songs during the festive seasons
- Training new writers hired by the station on the daily work flow and client specific writing styles
Radio Copy-Writer: 91.5 Reville Radio Station, Chicago, IL
(May, 2011 to March, 2013)
- Managing a team of 5 writers
- Creating scripts for jingles, advertisements, and short songs
- Writing the script for the main radio station theme
- Writing jokes and funny short stories for the humor department
- Constantly keeping up to date with the latest market affairs and making scripts based on them
- Researching more about the client products to find creative ways to write scripts
- Managing contracts from clients and supplying deliverables before the deadlines
- Overseeing the recruitment process for hiring new writers
- Providing monthly feedback on the performance of the writers
- Coordinating with the contractual and freelance writers and setting targets and deadlines for them
- Conducting workshops on time saving techniques and the best writing practices followed in the industry
- Communicating with various departments and writing scripts for them, if required
- "Best Radio Copywriter" - Awarded by the staff for the month of August, 2013 for excellent performance
- "Best Radio Copywriter" - Awarded by the senior manager for making a jingle, which gained 80% popularity over the market in the month of September, 2012
Name: Cindy B. Perkins
Designation: Senior Manager
Organization: 98.6 ZED FM Radiot Station, 1000 E 80th Pl Suite 205S, Merrillville, IL
Name: Don C. Bruno
Designation: Senior Station Supervisor
Organization: 91.5 Reville Radio Station, 9501 S. King Drive, Chicago, IL
Radio copywriters looking for job opportunities in the current competitive market should follow the above radio copywriter resume example in order to increase the odds of their resumes being chosen and winning them an interview call.