Home » Communications Resume
» Sample Broadcast Journalist Resume
Broadcast Journalist Resume
Broadcast journalists investigate sites and gather information with which they create reports for radio stations and news channels. It is their duty to make sure that their sources are valid and that the information they are provided with is genuine. They are usually required to cover particular areas and the job may require them to move to different locations, sometimes internationally.
The information is broadcast through electronic medium, either through radio stations, advertisements on television, etc., or the web media. They also cover stories of various regions and interview people. They occasionally make documentaries as per the employer's requirements. Some broadcast journalists occasionally do the anchoring for their covered stories.
A person needs to have completed his graduation in mass communication in order to be eligible for the position of broadcast journalist. A well written broadcast journalist resume will improve the chances of the applicant getting selected and winning an interview call.
Robert E. Hall
3264 Mill Street
Anderson, SC 29621
To work in a reputed organization as a Broadcast Journalist for achieving professional growth and helping the company at the same time.
3 years of field experience as a Broadcast Journalist.
- Great communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Capable of covering stories, interviewing people, anchoring news, and playing a host in documentaries
- Proficient in researching on important information and investigating stories
- Good in working with the camera crew
- Proficient with computer operations and professional video camera operations
- Good leadership skills
- Good at interacting with people and finding out information
- Bachelor's Degree in Mass Communication: YETA College, Florence, SC (April, 2007 to April, 2010)
- High School: XYZ High School, Greenville, SC (March, 2007)
Broadcast Journalist: ABC News Pvt. Ltd., Orangeburg, SC
(April, 2012 till date)
- Supervising a crew of 4 members as the main reporter and news host
- Researching for new stories and traveling to different locations as required
- Covering upcoming stories in accordance with the set schedule by the news organization
- Interviewing people and other witnesses who are related to the case being investigated
- Covering natural calamities and emergencies
- Hosting the news updates live as an anchor
- Planning travel and other facilities as per the set schedule provided by the organization
- Working closely with the camera crew, ensuring that the real essence of the story being covered is captured and requesting them to cover specific elements which are vital for the investigation
- Following up on story leads and communicating with different departments for updates and checking the validity of the same
- Attending various press conferences and presenting the minutes to the senior broadcast journalist for approval
- Writing web news articles relating to technology and the latest gadgets
- Training new journalists with the daily work flow and the field's best practices
Broadcast Journalist: Prime QWER Channel Pvt. Ltd., Columbia, SC
(May, 2010 to March, 2012)
- Handling a team of 5 members
- Working with the camera crew and local government for capturing as much data as possible for the news reports
- Attending exhibitions such as E3 and providing detailed synopsis of the new gadgets expected to be launched in the near future
- Providing training for new recruits and allotting them some basic assignments
- Covering major events, film releases, celebrity interviews, documentaries, etc.
- Conducting market research for finding the latest technologies being used in journalism business
- Hiring new news reporters, broadcast journalists, and other staff members as requested by the higher management
- Providing monthly feedback on the performance of the crew members
- Creating reports and supplying budget data to the higher management for validating the budget
- Coordinating with news directors, making sure that the entire information is provided to them perfectly
- Conducting workshops on time saving techniques and interviewing people
- Communicating with all departments and considering necessary crew members from each department as required
- "Best Broadcast Journalist" - Awarded by the senior broadcast journalist for excellent performance and work done on a documentary made in the month of August in 2013
- "Best Broadcast Journalist" - Awarded by the staff for consistently performing above par for 6 months
Name: Dolores R. Blevins
Designation: Senior Broadcast Manager
Organization: ABC News Pvt. Ltd., 3250 Saint Matthews Rd., Orangeburg, SC
Name: Charles J. Landon
Designation: Senior Broadcast Journalist
Organization: Prime QWER Channel Pvt. Ltd., 1301 Columbia College Dr., Columbia, SC
The above portrayed broadcast journalist resume example denotes how a person should write his own broadcast journalist resume in an impressive manner. One can make necessary changes to it as required.