Home » Clerical Resume
» Sample Purchasing Clerk Resume
Purchasing Clerk Resume
A Purchasing Clerk performs a variety of operations in relation to management of purchasing departmental activities, where he is accountable for scientific and systematic recording of departmental happenings. It includes a close check and monitoring of departmental activities, systematic recording of transactions, establishing track record system, and ensuring the required accuracy of functions. Hence, he needs to be constantly aware about technological changes and challenges in the field. So, while writing a purchasing clerk resume, state your sound understanding of clerical jobs and office management functions in relation to purchase department work. Highlight updated knowledge about software applications and systems used for recording of accounts, with respect to receipts, issues, and balances in terms of quantity and funds blocked. Thus, it becomes easy for the departmental manager to analyze purchase requirements and keep constant watch on departmental activities.
So to have an in depth understanding of the purchasing clerk jobs, go through the responsibilities enumerated. They assist to know what is the key skill requirements for the post and keeps the candidate focused about the needs of resume writing.
Jobs and Responsibilities:
- Developing a sound track record system that protects materials and purchases from potential theft.
- Handling data recording functions with effective systems and services management
- Managing technical support activities in association with purchase manager
- Carrying out recording and documentation functions to ascertain necessary exactness and accuracy of accounts.
- Providing the manager with summarized reports about the purchasing tasks and assisting in effective management decision making.
- Ensuring operational excellence and materials control, with development of a systematic approach to management of purchases.
A Purchasing Clerk is required to manage useful records and data that supports the management to arrive at sound decision making. So, create a resume that covers all relevant aspects of purchase function.
Here is a sample purchasing clerk resume. Go through the given sample to get necessary assistance to craft a well organized resume with professional format.
Ben K. Davis
662 Pearcy Avenue
Orland, In 46776
Email Address: email@example.com
Looking for positional responsibilities of a Purchasing Clerk in a manufacturing organization, where I will get sufficient opportunities to learn different managerial functions that relate to purchase department and will be accountable for fulfilling clerical work.
- Practiced professional at handling clerical and materials management functions
- Worked as a Purchase Coordinator for the period of 3 years
- Supervised materials control and management functions
- Developed and implemented materials track record system
- Practiced clerical and office management skills
- Good research and development abilities with strong administration power
- An opportunity seeker and analyzer to grab emerging market potential
- Strong negotiating and management skills
- Scientific and systematic approach to cost reduction and control
- Familiar with advanced materials control tools and technique
- Familiar with Microsoft Office functions management
- Proficient handling account management software applications
- Proficient in handling Microsoft Excel functions
- Good at database management (DBMS) functions
- Bachelors in Business Management with majors in Material Management from California Institute of Integral Studies in 2000.
- Completed Diploma in Advanced Materials Control and Management from University of South California.
- Attended a seminar to enhance operational efficiency with use of advanced information technology system.
- Attended a training program to understand technological advancements in the field of purchase and vendor management to manage good customer relationships.
OEUR Manufacturing Industries Pvt. Ltd. Orland, In
Designation: Purchasing Clerk
Role and Responsibilities:
- Supervising purchase department functions and systematic recording of business transactions in relation to purchases.
- Managing clerical operations to ensure track record of every purchase activities
- Ascertaining effective feedback monitoring system to determine procurement requirements.
- Keeping a close watch on stock function and making necessary entries to manage records
- Protecting the purchased materials from the potential theft by ensuring effective control
EYW Manufacturing Industries Pvt. Ltd. Gregory S. Hope
Designation: Purchasing Clerk
Role and Responsibilities:
- Supervised and monitored the development of accounting functions in relation to purchase department.
- Operated and managed clerical functions in relation to semi-automated jobs and provided the management with periodic reports.
- Carried out clerical activities and materials handling operations to ensure smooth development of purchase activities.
- Assisted the management and the Production Manager to determine the quantity to be ordered for a specific period of time.
- Supported Stock Manager to establish useful materials control and provision of services
- Recognized as 'Salesman of the Year 2010' for development of innovative and creative practices that serve advanced market development needs.
- Recipient of 'Manager of the Year 2011' award for integration and implementation of advanced materials control tools and techniques, which resulted into considerable cost reduction.
- Affiliated to Management and Technology Institutions that provide training to administer advanced materials control tools and techniques for efficient materials management and cost control.
Mobility and Flexibility:
Equipped with advanced materials control and management tools, ready to serve challenging market environment competently. Flexibility of approach to develop useful applications that increase operational efficiency of clerical and managerial functions.
I, hereby declare that all statements made are true, complete, and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Ben K. Davis
With an objective oriented approach and mathematical excellence, a Purchasing Clerk is responsible for carrying out all clerical and administration functions that facilitate documentation of purchase department operations. Thus, he is accountable for systematic and scientific recording of purchases or receipts, issues to the production department, and the balance left in stocks. Such records or documents play a crucial role in the management decision making. Hence, while writing purchasing clerk resume, emphasize operational efficiency and technical skills that ensure smooth purchase department jobs.
So, select a proper format that assists you to market your skills, professional accomplishments and experiences at handling procurement jobs. Send a cover letter that introduces your profile in a better way and if possible, search for essential recommendations.