Home » Business Resume
» Sample Economist Resume
Economists study statistical data and perform analysis based on it. They are the researchers of social science who follow the discipline of economics. They play a very important role in an organization, as they can advise on the current and upcoming trends in the market. By the forecast provided by the economists, the organization can take wise decisions towards making a maximum profit. They also study the organization market trends and advice on the actions to be taken to eliminate waste and reap good benefits.
They create broad philosophical theories and focus on studying the minutiae of the market. They perform macro economic analysis along with micro economic analysis of the market to make an estimation of the demands and trends in the future. They make use of computer programs such as MS Excel for all the mathematical deductions they need to perform on the recorded data. They work in both public and private sectors and usually hold a well paying position. They work in close relation with the board of directors and the chief executive officer of the organization, as their recommendations involve making changes which are under their authority only.
A person needs to have either a bachelor's or master's degree in economics with relevant experience of minimum 3 years for being eligible for this position. Achievements can be highlighted in the resume for improving its persuasiveness and your chances of getting selected.
Below is a fine economist resume sample.
Jack L. Riggs
1384 Johnson Street
Raleigh, NC 27615
To work in a reputed construction company as an Economist, using my natural talent and skills for managing people for the benefit of the company and my future career growth.
More than 3 years of field experience as an Economist.
- Good communication skills
- Good with staff management and managing large groups of people
- Proficient with computer operations
- Excellent leadership skills
- Good eye for detail and excellent in maintaining high quality standards
- Brilliant motivational skills for team building
- Excellent time management skills
- Master's Degree in Economics: ABC International College, Greensboro, NC (April, 2008 - April, 2010)
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics: ABC International College, Greensboro, NC (April, 2005 - March, 2008)
- High School: Saint Mary's School, Charlotte, NC (March, 2005)
Economist: ABC Industries International Pvt. Ltd., Pittsboro, NC
(April, 2012 till date)
- Gathering statistical data from different departments of the organization dedicated at gathering useful information and logging it
- Performing analysis on the recorded data and generating a forecast of the changing trends in the market over time
- Creating detailed reports based on the forecast and submitting them to the management for making future decisions based on the statistical data
- Advising the management about certain steps that need to be taken for future proofing purposes
- Planning and coordinating the duties of junior economists according to the schedule, including their respective duties
- Supervising various departments ensuring that all the data is being recorded properly, as it plays a vital role in creating forecasts
- Providing daily reports to higher management for analysis and making changes, if requested
- Maintaining the attendance record for payroll purposes
- Training new junior economists on the daily work flow and the latest techniques being followed to gather and analyze economical and statistical data
Economist: ZedSoft Technologies International, Pvt. Ltd., Winston Salem, NC
(April, 2010 to March, 2012)
- Assigning different tasks to different departments as per the requirements of the statistical data
- Delegating the feedback and survey tasks to the researching departments to gather statistical and demographical data of target areas, where the organization plans to sell its products
- Researching to find the new, upcoming trends and predicting the possible demands of a certain product
- Conducting market research for finding the latest technologies being used in the business
- Managing contracts from departments set in different locations for gathering the demographical data
- Hiring new staff for recording and analyzing the statistical data
- Conducting workshops on time management and time saving techniques
- Providing monthly feedback on the performance of junior economists
- Coordinating with the contractual employees and the ones hired on a freelance basis to gather region specific data for statistical analysis
- Arranging and managing monthly seminars to promote employee awareness about the current economy and increase the knowledge of the employees about the latest trends being followed in the industry
- Liaising with the communications department for making sure that all the departments are on the same page and are gathering the required data within the set deadlines
- "Best Economist" - Awarded by the senior management for the month of August in 2013
- "Best Economist" - Awarded by the deputy manager for providing accurate forecast about the changing demand of certain products over time in 2012
Name: Carol D. Wilson
Designation: Deputy Manager
Organization: ABC Industries International Pvt. Ltd., 601 S Martin Luther King Jr Dr., Pittsboro, NC
Name: Alexia A. Fischer
Designation: Senior Manager
Organization: ZedSoft Technologies International, Pvt. Ltd., 1520 Goodson St., Winston Salem, NC
Attaining the position of economist in a reputed organization could be a challenging task. The above economist resume example guides the applicant for writing a good resume, which is concise and persuasive at the same time. Changes to the above example could be made as required.