Home » Attorney Resume
» Sample Security Attorney Resume
Security Attorney Resume
This article is all about how one should draft a security attorney resume in order to apply for a job with a good legal firm.
Following are some of the tips that need to be kept in mind while writing this resume.
- Set the priority for information - When the recruiter looks at the resume he should find the most impressive and the most important information right on. This is why it is recombined that you put the most impressive info about yourself in the beginning of all the sections. As it is, the recruiter will be interested in only that what he wants to read or see. It is thus recommended that you read the company profile and its mission statement on its website prior top writing your resume.
- Length is not the criteria - length of the resume will never be the criteria for the recruiter to choose you, rather, it will be the quality and relevance of the content only. So mention the most important and the most impressive info about yourself in the resume. Be crisp and precise in your writing style. Avoid long sentences.
- Use bullet points - These will help you in writing small points about your experience and work in the industry. Usage of these are commonly found in many resumes.
- Use formal and simple language - No one will be interested in your vocabulary skills here. What the reader will want to see is simplicity of communication and the way in which it is written. This is an official letter and should be be written like one.
- Use different sections - Dividing the resume into different sections will be a good idea especially when the recruiter wants to read only specific parts of the resume to find whether you fit the bill or not. These sections headings will help the reader navigate through the resume and reach the desired section which he is particularly looking for.
Following is a security attorney resume sample that will help you understand the structure and flow of it.
Security Attorney Resume Sample
6th Linklater St. House,
To legally assist my clients in dealing with securities and shares in the market to the best of my capabilities and to share important insights with them to help them be legally sound and safe.
- Seven years of experience as a market securities attorney for some of the most influential and reputed companies of the country, like ABC Electronics and IOL Limited.
- Served as the legal securities counselor to various business entities on both, independent as well as company's payroll basis.
- Specialize in SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) workings and legalities.
- Have been a member on the XYZ Committee that monitors and lobbies for the welfare of the state investors in the securities and trading markets.
- Experienced in shares and securities transactions and legalities.
- Good knowledge of the Company's Act and the business law, with the subsequent amendments made to it.
- Excellent track record of 97% success rate in all of my legal career till date.
- Good at building strong cases on behalf of my clients in the court of law and representing them with utmost conviction.
- Good at handling urgent and stressful, coupled with close deadlines.
- Very good communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Good interpersonal skills, enabling a smooth flow in my work around all kinds of people in various departments.
- Strictest level of integrity and loyalty to my profession and my clients.
Legal Counsel (2009-Present)
- Negotiated on various kinds of securities related cases and drafted legal paperwork for the same.
- Assisted the companies in dealing with and following the guidelines set by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Won the recent XYZ vs. BNX case, which was covered by the national TV networks.
- Worked dedicatedly in corporate securities and bonds trading market.
- Negotiated on various terms of agreement of buying and selling with the other companies and brought a speedy end to transactions.
Legal Counselor (2005-2009)
- Legal advisor to business organization in matters pertaining to share trading markets and the related legal agreements to be made and signed.
- Kept updates on all the amendments and developments in the field of Market Securities Act.
- Assisted the company with various business related disputes.
- Have passed the Louisiana State Bar Exam in the year 2005.
- Got my degree of Juris Doctor in Business Law from the New Orleans College of Law, 2004.
- Graduation in Bachelor of Business Administration (specialization in Finance), University of Louisiana, 2002.
Fill this section with some major achievements of your career.
This is how you write a security attorney resume.