Home » Attorney Resume
» Sample Banking Attorney Resume
Banking Attorney Resume
A banking attorney resume is written by a person who is specialized in taking care of all the issues and conflicts related to the working of a banking structure. Banking law is an exclusive field of practice that covers a wide array of laws related to the banking regulations, and control of the bank related institutions that act as a arbitrary bodies, helping the banks in their business. The law pertains to all kinds of banking accounts, the state and national laws pertaining to them, customer rights, right against discrimination by the banks, customer details non-disclosure agreements, credit and finance agreements, etc. There are other various laws related to the financial institutions like Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Real Estate Settlement Protection Act (RESPA), Truth in Lending Act, and Truth in Savings Act.
So, in short, a banking lawyer must be specialized in all these laws and the various regulations pertaining to them. Following are some important tips that must be followed while drafting such a specialized resume.
- Put the right information in the right place- It is important to know what to write and where to write. The reader looks for specific information which pertains to the job at hand. Read about the company prior to writing the resume. That way you will be able to align your objective statement with the company's mission and vision statement.
- Keep the length under check- Write a short but comprehensive resume, covering all the important points of your career till date.
- Be sure to proofread it- Proofreading the resume at least twice after writing is essential for you. It will be a pretty bad scene if the recruiter finds even a single error in your resume, which by the way is the most important official document at this stage of job hunting. It can seriously affect your prospects. So think and follow this tip.
Following is a banking attorney resume sample that will help you understand the structure and flow of it.
Banking Attorney Resume Sample
13 Brown St.
To assist my clients who have been aggrieved by the banking organizations and are seeking justice for the denial of their rights by such organizations.
- Six years of experience as a banking attorney, handling cases related to rights against discrimination by banks, credit and finance frauds , etc.
- Served as the legal advisor to many individual customers who acted against violation of their banking right.
- Specialize in cases pertaining to Real Estate Settlement Protection Act (RESPA) and Truth in Lending Act.
- Have been a member on the HGI Fair Banking Practices Committee made for the protection of the rights of the bank customers.
- Experienced and well versed with all the banking regulations acts.
- Good knowledge of the Banking Regulations Act and all the amendments to it.
- Impressive track record of 97% success rate throughout my legal practice till date.
- Expert at researching and finding out case related facts to make the case even stronger.
- Good at managing even the most demanding-in-nature cases and successfully working on them.
- Impressive communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Good persuasive skills
- Good interpersonal skills, enabling a smooth flow in my work around all kinds of people in various departments.
- Strictest level of integrity and loyalty to my profession and my clients.
Blake Legal Consultants
Legal Counselor (2008-Present)
- Handled the cases pertaining to credit and loan related mistreatments levied on the clients by their banks, causing mental and physical harassment.
- Assisted the clients in building up case against their banks for the mistreatment met by them by the bank's hand.
- Won the honor of 'Top Banking Lawyer' in New Orleans bestowed by the Committee of Client Welfare, Louisiana.
- Worked dedicatedly towards getting favorable verdict from the court.
- Carried out out of court negotiations with the guilty party if instructed by the client to do so.
Graham & Sons Legal Services
Legal Counselor (2006-2008)
- Legal advisor to individuals on loan extension and housing permits against mortgage payment.
- Kept updates on all the amendments and developments in the field of Market Securities Act.
- Assisted the company with various business related disputes.
- Appeared for and passed the Louisiana State Bar Exam in the year 2005.
- Recipient of Juris Doctor in Business Law from the New Orleans College of Law, 2004.
- Graduation in Arts, University of Louisiana, 2002.
Fill this section with some major achievements of your career.
This is how you write a banking attorney resume. Just keep in mind the above stated tips for writing the resume and you will produce a fine draft. All the best!