Home » Analyst Resume
» Sample Senior Business Analyst Resume
Senior Business Analyst Resume
The field of business analyst is something where you need to utilize your business sense and your analytical skills too. You will have to tactically create your resume for this post so that the recruiter feels that you possess the qualities that are required, as it requires vast and varied kind of knowledge to be in this job. This is a type of job where you need to have technical skills as well as business and analytical sense. You need to be a creative person who has the ability to think out of the box. A business analyst plays an important role in growth of the organization. He/she is responsible for finding out the faulty areas in the business process and mend it for better functioning and increase in the company profit. A better analysis of the competitors and positive and negative aspects of the company can also assist in lowering the cost of production and operation for the company. As the job may require you to visit the clients once in a while, you require to have a pleasing and presentable personality and good communication skills both in written and verbal communication.
Mention your efficiency in communication skill at the end of the skill section after mentioning all the other skills desired for the job responsibilities you need to handle. Add your practical experiences regarding seminars and workshops that you have attended. While mentioning your educational experiences, make sure to name the universities and degrees you have achieved along with the year. List them in chronological order.
John F. Colbert
4484 Goldleaf Lane
Englewood, NJ 07631
Objective: Want to implement my analytical and business skills in the field of business research and analysis. Have desire to work in an organization of high repute.
- Have a professional approach towards work
- Understand my responsibilities and am dedicated towards the tasks that I have been assigned or I need to take into consideration. Can take charge of issues related to me on my own.
- Have been working as senior business analyst in an IT company, Dexterous PVT. LTD.
- Posses excellent communication, research, analytical skills along with a good business sense. Ability to make strategic planning of a task that would lead to the achievement of a certain aim.
- Have a cool mood attitude towards instant business problems and challenges and can guide juniors to work efficiently even in tough conditions. Identification and forecasting of business risks or any new opportunities.
- Lead generation capacity and making approach focused to a certain result
- Co-ordination with the senior business heads and the junior analysts too regarding creation of plans and research processes
- Project planning skills to research and analyze the competitors and the market. Create accurate reports regarding the market trends. Gather information and use it to generate useful information for organizational growth.
- Proper analysis of the existing and new business proposals so as to make decisions in favor of the company
- Good decision making ability even in tensed situations
- Have experience in business analysis, market research, sap crm, marketing, etc.
- Have worked in most prestigious companies in IT and ITES and with clients like Microsoft
- Extracting secondary data from out of the company and using it to interpret it as a key to open up the doors of growth and advancements in a certain field
- Experience in report writing and proper presentation of the report using tools like power point presentation and excel
- Keen interest in learning new business techniques and trying to utilize them in the business functions for better results
- Quick learner and have the ability to learn new techniques and analyze their effect on the business
- Adaptable to any instant change that may occur and proficient in communication skills. Possess managerial and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor of business management and IT administration, June 1995
- Graduated cum Laude
- Developed new system for timekeeping
- Masters in business management, Alabama university, Alabama
- Proper analysis of the segments of the market and use the facts about market in marketing of the products and services
- Making the customers get involved in the products and services of the company through promotion and advertising to some extent. However, as a business analyst you require to concentrate on strategic expansion of the sales that is not dependent on advertisements.
Areas of Experience
- New market penetration
- Database building and enhancement
- Audience marketing
- Event management
- Efficient in Brand management
- Marketing collateral development
- Managing accounting
- Direct marketing
Senior Business Analyst:
Microsoft Inc, San Diego
October 2011 - till date
Working as a senior business analyst since October 2011 till the present date in an IT company. Supported in the development of new softwares as well as correction and making changes in some present softwares, for the federal government applications, Washington DC. Capable of performing various business analysis and production of products and deliverance of services. Properly understanding and usage of the reports, process flow diagrams, complete action items and manage project requirements.
Senior Business Analyst , Syntel Pvt. Ltd. MD. May 2011 to August 2011:
Used business research data for the development of business and assisting in pricing of the products. Have assisted the project manager in using the cases, context diagrams and process flow in understanding the functioning of the business.
Senior Business Analyst,
HealthCare IT, Inc., San Diego, MD.
November 2009 to June 2010:
Worked as as Business Analyst and Team Leader and supported the departments in proper operation of the institute and the research center, helping achieve its goal.
- Can work with a variety of people hailed down from different parts of the world
- Willing to travel to different locations for job purposes
- Can handle client meetings and discussions with customers at conference and seminars
- Team player and able to handle the team too
- Proficient in written and verbal English. Possess good communication skill
- Possess strong analytical skills that help you to understand complex conditions and come up with a solution to the problem
- Highly enthusiastic and a self starter. Need minimum of external motivation for better performance or completion of my task
Declaration: I hereby declare that the information provided within this document is true to my knowledge and I am solely responsible for any false admission herein.
John F. Colbert