Home » Administration Resume
» Sample Special Events Coordinator Resume
Special Events Coordinator Resume
The special events coordinator resume sample illustrates professional and effective way of designing a resume for special events coordinator job application. It highlights the required key skills and job responsibilities to be delivered, which may be required by the candidates to present a strong candidature.
There can be different types of job profiles with the similar designation of events coordinator and it requires careful analysis of the job description provided by the employers before drafting the special events coordinator resume. Though the requirements for a special events coordinator job would be similar to that of any other events coordinator job as well, it only calls for relevant expertise and experience to successfully manage the events which are special in nature.
An event can be defined as 'special' depending on parameters such as client vested interest, social or professional status of the invitees, theme of the event, etc. Thus, while drafting your special events coordinator resume, it is recommended to carefully study the company profile and then highlight the required skill sets appropriately for casting a professional and inciting impression.
For more information on various sections of a resume and the details to be shared, please refer to the special events coordinator resume example given below.
Laura J. Belvins
154 Birch Street
Texas - 79922
Phone: (915) 585 3144
A professional and experienced events coordinator who is looking for a special events coordinator job opportunity with a reputed organization, where my skill sets can be exposed to new challenges and brought to effective use for achieving the organizational objectives through successful management of various events and functions organized at small and large scales.
An adept even coordinator with 8 years of experience in managing different types of events ranging from corporate to personal functions with the strength of 100-500 guests/visitors. I have successfully managed various aspects of an event organization such as procurement of resources, manpower planning, budgeting, and other strategic planning activities, all aimed to ensure utmost satisfaction of customers and overall success of the functions.
Core competencies include:
- Budget preparation
- Event location and layout planning
- Menu planning
- Relevant correspondences
- Marketing and promotional activities
- Operations management
Senior Event Coordinator
(2010 - till date)
The Rollercade Event Planers Pvt. Ltd., Recoleta Rd., San Antonio, TX
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planned and organized special events for corporate clients and personal events for individuals
- Personally looked after all catering facilities at the event such as menu planning, selection of the caterer, cost estimation, food counter set up, etc.
- Prepared arrangement plans such as location and services to be provided such as catering, entertainment, transport, etc.
- Assisted the event manager in preparing the budget for the entire event
- Coordinated with recruitment agencies and other institutions for hiring the staff for the event
- Prepared the mailing list for invitees and confirmed on actual attendees for the function
- Assigned duties and responsibilities to the staff for the operations stage
- Supervised the entire set up and preparation for the event
- Attended to customer queries and complaints
- Ensured smooth organization of entire event
- Assisted the marketing team in developing advertising collaterals for the event
- Organized various resources for the event
- Coordinated with other team members for ensuring on time completion of all preparations for the event
- Prepared necessary reports for the event manager and clients to review the entire event management activities and costs
(2006 - 2010)
RedWine and Ross Event Planners, San Felipe St., Houston, TX
Duties and Responsibilities
- Visited the site for planning the layout for the event
- Coordinated with the caterers and event managers for planning the menu for the event and set up of the catering counter or food stall at the venue
- Ensured that all correspondence mails to clients and invitees are delivered on time
- Assisted the event organizers in arranging various facilities at the venue
- Coordinated with clients in following up with the arrangement requirements as specified by them to avoid any last minute changes
- Distributed advertising collaterals to various agencies and volunteers for distribution
- Ensured that all areas are appropriately marked
- Responsible for designing and installing sign boards on the route to the venue
- Organized entertainment and other facilities such as public announcement systems, etc., at the venue
- Supervised the work of the hired staff during the actual operations
- Worked in coordination with the entire event management team for ensuring effective coordination and successful execution and completion of the event
- Planning, organizing, and budget preparation
- Computer skills and MS Office expertise
- Graphic designing
- Hospitality skills
- Menu planning and site layout
- Extensive knowledge of local vendors for procuring various resources and raw materials
- Meticulous work approach
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills with effective team management ability
M.Sc. (Event Management) (2004 - 2006)
South Texas Management School, Gulf S Fwy., League City, TX
BBA (Management Studies) (2001 - 2004)
Sylvan Business School, Brodie Ln., Sunset Valley, TX
I declare that all the details shared above are true in all aspects and can be supported with adequate documents, if required.
|Name: Laura J. Belvins||Date: May 07, 2012||Place: El Paso, TX|
The special events coordinator resume example provided above can also be referred by candidates for drafting various types of resumes which may be required in the event management industry.