Home » Administration Resume
» Sample Network Security Administrator Resume
Network Security Administrator Resume
The network security administrator resume sample can be referred by IT security and other related professionals for drafting an effective resume, if applying for a network system security administrator job. A resume sample is the ideal source to get quick access to the information required for drafting a provoking resume which may incite the employers to call you for an interview.
The below given network security administrator resume sample is of an experienced candidate who is looking for a network security administrator job. The same sample can also be referred for drafting a resume for fresher or inexperienced candidates as well and would require certain modifications as given below.
Customizing your network security administrator resume
- Work experience may be replaced by training and internship details, if any, else the entire section can be excluded
- Academic qualifications should come before your work experience details
- Career summary is not required and can be excluded
- References are recommended to provide provided they are relevant
- Grades scored in the academic years may be included
- Additional details such as awards, achievements, etc., should be included
- The resume should be kept short, simple, and precise
- Also, it should be revised for correcting errors, if any
These tips would certainly help in modifying the resume for inexperienced candidates.
The candidates, while referring to resume sample, must also review the job description provided by the employers with a view to identify the employers' expectations from an ideal candidate and strategically target the same in their network security administrator resumes. For more information, refer to resume example given below.
Joseph R. Pettway
4379 Weekley Street, San Antonio, Texas - 78213
Phone: (210) 340 6727
An experienced system security specialist, with network security expertise, looking for challenging job opportunities, where I can explore my skill sets and ensure that the IT infrastructure of the organization is safeguarded by deploying advanced security programs which are at par with the changing technology.
An IT professional with 7 years of experience in system and network security. I have worked with renowned organizations and helped them to protect their networks and systems with various security risks, enabling them to safeguard the vital information. With skills imbibed by experience and ability to work on multiple OS's (operating systems), I have successfully deployed multiple tier security programs to protect networks and systems by using some of the advanced software and instruments in the program development process.
Senior Network Security Executive
(2010 - till date)
Comp-Tech Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Greenville Ave Ste. 112, Dallas, TX
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitored the network security systems in place and ensured that they are regularly updated
- Had been a part of the team responsible for the integration of all systems using secure intranet connections
- Inspected and analyzed the IT security systems of the company against possible risks and recommended tools and systems for resolving the same
- Actively involved in the development of multiple tier security programs for addressing the network security issues
- Monitored the network for possible security breach and resolved the same at the earliest
- Prepared necessary reports to keep a track of all security alerts required for developing new programs
- Analyzed the network system for hardware and software configuration and recommended possible upgrades
- Studied various security systems available in the market to identify the best available solution for addressing the security concerns
- Assisted the management in identifying and selecting the ideal security solutions from those available in the market
- Assisted software engineers in developing and executing security programs
- Ensured that all security system projects are completed and deployed on time
- Maintained a record of technological developments that are helpful in developing advanced security programs
- Provided necessary feedback for developing training programs for new employees
Network Security Executive
(2007 - 2010)
Seagate Techno-Services Pvt. Ltd., Balcones Dr., Ste. 200, Austin, TX
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developed network security programs for different OS's such as Windows (all) and LINUX
- Worked on SSL, Norton Internet Security, digital security certificates, and 3 tier security programs
- Assisted in carrying out risk analysis for the existing systems and recommended possible solutions
- Ensured that the Internet security protocols are followed for developing the extranet security programs
- Coordinated with the end users for gathering the required feedback on the existing systems
- Carried out the maintenance of the existing network security systems
- Assisted the staff in operating the systems effectively
- Analyzed past security system failure records for developing new advanced systems
- Coordinated with the IT support team for the installation of various equipment and systems
- Ensured that the networks are monitored 24x7x365 for security alerts and possible risks
- Maintained a proper record of all security breaches and relevant threats for future reference
- Risk analysis and evaluation
- Awareness of the Internet security protocols
- Multi-tier network security
- Knowledge of security certificates: SSL, digital certificates, Norton Antivirus, and Norton Internet Security
- Ability to work on Windows (all) and LINUX operating systems
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Systematic working style
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
M. Tech. Computer Engineering (2005 - 2007)
Dallas Technical University, First Park Ten Blvd., San Antonio, TX
B.E. (IT) (2001 - 2005)
Remington College, Eastgate Dr., Garland, TX
To be made available on prior information.
I confirm that all the credentials shared above are true and correct in all aspects.
Name: Joseph R. Pettway
|Date: May 11, 2012||Place: San Antonio, TX|
While referring to the above shared network security administrator resume, the candidates may also incorporate their personal ideas to give the resume a unique and personalized look. We hope that the candidates find the resume sample relevant and helpful. Wishing all the candidates the best of luck!!!