Home » Accounting Resume
» Sample VAT Accountant Resume
VAT Accountant Resume
A good accountant has to provide advisory services apart from maintaining records of numbers and figures. The accountant is capable of helping the clients to choose the business structure that will bring more profit needed by creating an operative budget. The responsibility of an accountant is to keep good records, which is the basic requirement for a business. The business failures are mainly due to ill maintenance of proper records for future references.
An accountant appointed in a business firm is expected to look after tasks such as the management of accounts payable and accounts receivable, reconciliation of bank accounts, and preparation of credit card and financial statements. He or she takes the responsibility of preparing quarterly VAT returns. In addition, most of the accountants also look after the payroll responsibilities.
Another important job of the accountant is to prepare and maintain management account reports. These reports are usually prepared monthly, quarterly, and half yearly and help to make informed decisions for the smooth running of the business.
4417, Hood Avenue
Looking for the position of a VAT Accountant in a firm where I can use my skills and wide experience for the benefit of the company and to aim for my further growth.
- Earned a good name as a part of employees' appreciation programs as well as in the management's appraisal reports in recognition of my hard work
- Great experience in preparing financial statements, budget proposals, management reporting and account consolidation and maintaining account records in a perfect condition
- Very much proficient with computer applications and can work with some important computer languages
- Ability to create database and maintain important account particulars for future reference
- Highly experienced in maintaining payrolls, ledgers, reconciliations, inter company records and prepayments
I am working as an accountant in a renowned company named St. Joseph Industries located in Utah from March 2012 - Till Date and hold the following responsibilities:
- Dealing with the preparation and submission of VAT returns on a monthly basis
- Preparing and presenting the financial data in support of the internal program reviews, customer reviews, and analysis on special requests from customers
- Preparing the reports to reflect the period of performances, periodical invoices, and expenditure statements in respect of each contract
- Maintaining accurate accounts and records of the company and dealing with financial irregularities and taking remedial measures to rectify the same
- Acting as a liaison officer with the banks and other financial institutions on behalf of the company
- Supervising the performance of junior accountants and other staff and advising them for further improvement in their work culture
Also, I had worked as an accountant in another reputed company named CNV Industries located in Utah from March 2007 - December 2011 and looked after the following duties and responsibilities:
- Preparation of budgets, monitoring of the profit and loss of the company, and suggesting measures for improvement
- Preparing and filing of VAT returns periodically, without fail
- Providing advice on tax planning and VAT
- Functioning as the head of the team for preparing the tax returns and books of accounts
- Looking after the management of client and supplier payments
- Communicating financial issues to the management and staff, who are not related with financial dealings and keeping them in good understanding of the financial positions
Post Graduate in Commerce and Accountancy, 2007
Certificate in Business Management/Contract Management, 2009
Available on request