Home » Accounting Resume
» Sample Internal Auditor Resume
Internal Auditor Resume
A candidate applying for the position of internal auditor should be good in mathematics and accurate in his calculations. Besides, he needs to be a subject matter expert in his relevant fields and hold sound knowledge of internal control concepts, Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) procedures, internal auditing practices, and risk assessment standards.
Audits are an integral part of an organization's overall functioning. Internal audits are carried out by the auditing team of an organization to ensure that all of its functions adhere to the norms, specifications and goals prescribed during its establishment.
The job profile of an internal auditor is mainly focused on assisting an organization to realize its financial objectives. The professional makes things work in the right order after planning and evaluating the business procedures and processes. He analyzes the financial status of the organization and resolves problems related to auditing. He is responsible to guarantee that the functioning of governance and control systems and performing of risk management is being done in the appointed manner. The personnel hold a good, responsible recognition in a company. In this regard, from the ethical point of view, they are expected to be honest individuals who think in the benefit of the company.
Peter. K. Anderson
1067 Rogers Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 20120
To join an esteemed organization as a professional Internal Auditor and put to practice my best talents and qualifications for its betterment and constant advancement in the industry.
- Proficient in English and Spanish languages
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good knowledge of accounting tools
- Good at using computer systems and related software used in the accounting field
- Excellent team player
- Ability to adapt in diverse situations
- Sound knowledge of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Professional Practices Framework, GAAS, and other professional auditing and accounting principles
- Experience in exploring wider issues and factors, such as the organization's impact on environment, development, reputation, etc.
Company: Icedexon Incorporations
Designation: Internal Auditor
Duration: February 2013 - Till Date
- Plan and organize internal audit functions and prepare efficient auditing strategies
- Perform the job of carrying out the assessment of monthly, quarterly and yearly budgets
- Coordinate with external auditors to ensure that the operations are being executed in the ordained manner
- Conduct reviews on the requests of trustees, audit committee, chief executive, or finance director
- Maintain internal control in the organization
- Analyze and review the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of the financial information provided to the management
Company: Plextechnology Incorporations
Designation: Assistant Internal Auditor
Duration: November 2011 - January 2013
- Report to the auditor on the policies, programs and activities of several departments
- Prepare internal audit reports
- Assist the auditors in monthly, quarterly and yearly audits
- Perform field work when needed
- Maintain effective communication with the management and staff
- Prepare audit reports in two official languages
- Maintain proper documentation and reports of the audits
- Maintain the official files related to auditing
- Coordinate with external auditors at the time of audit
- 2011: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), FL
- 2009: Master in Finance, University of New Jersey, NJ
- 2007: Bachelor in Commerce, University of New Jersey, NJ
- 2004: High School Diploma, Don Bosco High School, NJ
Harry E. Lumsden
Senior Internal Auditor
3539 Center Avenue
Avenal, CA 93204
|Peter .K. Anderson||(dd/mm/yyyy)|
In addition to your internal auditor resume, you also need to construct an effective cover letter to make your job application more interesting to the employers. Know how to write professional auditor cover letters here.