Aerospace Engineer CareersResume Sample » Career Guide » Maintenance, Service and Repair Careers » Aerospace Engineer Careers
Aerospace engineers take efforts for the development of airplane and interrelated technology. Their work consists of:
- fixed-wing airplane and helicopters
- space vehicles
- artillery and weaponry
- air travel simulators
- flight mechanism and appliances.
As an aerospace engineer, you can do research and development, testing or manufacture and protection. Your duties would depend on which part you worked in, but may comprise:
You would also be concerned with estimation of project costs and timescales, remaining present at the meetings, writing handbook and technological reports, and organizing presentations for patrons and managers.
- expanding avionic systems like map-reading appliances and interactions.
- investigating techniques to create fuel-efficient parts, such as wings, engines and fuselage
- making use of computer-aided design i.e. CAD software to depict up plans of projects.
- perform ground- and flight-testing programmers on archetype
- gathering and scrutinizing test information
- setting up and administering the meeting and fitting of airplane and mechanisms
- signing off ventures under severe regulations of license
- developing and managing base (hangar) and line (airport) and protection of airplane.
With a number of years' experience as an aerospace engineer, you can work on the analysis of air industrial accident.
QUALIFICATION, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
You will basically require an organization degree, HNC/HND BTEC or degree in aerospace or aeronautical or air transport or avionics engineering. But, employers may also recognize other subject matter, like:
To look for universities and colleges presenting HNDs and HNCs degrees, see the Universities and Colleges Admission Services site. On the Aerospace Universities websites, you will see an immediate orientation table records having subject area of university covers.
- electronic or electrical engineering
- software engineering
- physics and applied physics
- mechanical engineering
- manufacturing or product engineering
- software engineering
In favor of common information regarding training and careers, that relates to key nationwide and worldwide aerospace companies.
If you want more information about engineering as a profession, see the related sites.
You can begin with organization's graduate training plan, working towards an engineering certificate. The aerospace engineers are certified by Civil Aviation Authority (CAA). You can write to the CAA for more information.
You can facilitate your profession development by working towards chartered or integrated status. For doing this, you can apply to the Engineering Council or you need to register to your industry body.
If you are working as an incorporated aerospace engineer, you would dedicate yourself to in the everyday supervision of engineering operations. At chartered stage, you would have a more tactical position, setting up, investigating and building up new thoughts, and reformation of management techniques.
SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE:
If you are having good command over European language it can be an advantage, mainly if you are working together on a joint intercontinental project.
- Strong IT and mathematics skills.
- Excellent problems solving skills.
- Good technical knowledge.
- Superior communication skills.
- Capable of working within the financial plan.
- Familiar with manufacturing (CAM) and computer aided design (CAD) software.
- Comprehend to the engineering license rules and regulations.
- Ability to prioritize, administer and plan the projects efficiently.
SALARY AND OTHER BENEFITS:
- Preliminary salaries can be between $ 22,000 and $ 30,000 per annum.
- Qualified aerospace engineers can earn between $ 30,000 and $ 41,000.
- Wages for superior staff, like projects leaders can range between $46,000 to $64,000.
You will work for 38 to 40 hours per week, depending on the venture and time limits.
You will work in offices and factory production hangar, and may need to travel to examine or test airplane at different places.
You may get chances with most important airline worker in their individual engineering divisions. These tend to be close to to key UK airports. You can also work abroad for foreign aircraft producers on joint ventures, and with some of the superior UK aerospace companies who have possession in a foreign country.
Check out more resumes according to your interest aircraft design engineer resume sample, airline sales account manager resume sample or airline structures project engineer resume sample.
Administrative and Clerical Careers
Alternative Therapies Careers
Animals, Plants and Land Careers
Arts, Crafts and Design Careers
Catering Services Careers
Education and Training Careers
Environmental Sciences Careers
Financial Services Careers
General and Personal Services Careers
Legal Services Careers
Maintenance, Service and Repair Careers
Management And Planning Careers
Manufacturing And Engineering Careers
Marketing Sales And Advertising Careers
Medical Technology Careers
Medicine And Nursing Careers
Performing Arts Broadcast And Media Careers
Publishing And Journalism Careers
Retail Sales And Customer Service Careers
Science And Research Careers
Security And Uniformed Services Careers
Social Services Careers
Sport Leisure And Tourism Careers
Storage Dispatching And Delivery Careers