Thermal Insulation Engineer CareersResume Sample » Career Guide » Construction Careers » Thermal Insulation Engineer Careers
Being a thermal insulation engineer, you'd fix insulation substances around ductwork, pipelines and boilers. You can work within ships, factories, power stations or offices. You may also be recognized as a pipe work lagger.
Your tasks would comprise:
- scheming where to place insulation using construction design plans
- cleaning and arranging the surfaces for insulation
- choosing materials to apply for a specific work
- cutting and measuring insulation substances to size
- fixing insulation utilizing cement, clips or adhesives
- closing the work section after finishing the fitting
Qualification, Education and Experience:
You could be a thermal insulation engineer by one of two modes:
See the website of IETA (Insulation and Environmental Training-Agency), for additional information regarding Traineeships. To gain entry to a program, you'd generally require at least 4 GCSE grades or corresponding qualification, into subjects like engineering, science, English, technology or mathematics.
- by utilizing your work experience in a associated business like air conditioning and applying straight to companies
- through a method of traineeship
Being a trainee thermal insulation engineer, you'd work to acquire Second level of NVQ qualification into Thermal Insulation. The NVQ qualification contains modules on:
The NVQ qualification would include on site learning and evaluation with your company/employer, with training of minimum twenty weeks at acknowledged training centers of IETA. You can also obtain the NVQ if you're already operating as an engineer with no qualifications.
- working securely
- employing insulation substances
- installing and removing platforms
- making and fixing protective covering
ACAD (Asbestos-Control and Abatement Division), partner group of IETA also provides different short courses for engineers operating with asbestos. For more details regarding these, check the website of IETA.
Skills and knowledge:
- a readiness to voyage and to work with adaptable manner
- excellent mathematical abilities for computing amounts and taking measurements
- the capability to act in accordance with secure working procedures
- physically fit and healthy
- the capability to operate at heights and in cramped and limited places
- excellent practical abilities for forming, cutting and fixing materials
- the ability to operate as member of team
Salary and Other Benefits:
Agreement work is general, which can comprise bonuses for early accomplishment. You might get additional allowances for functioning away from house.
- Based on training phase, trainee thermal insulation engineer generally receive about £11,000 to £17,000 annually.
- Earnings of experienced engineers can range from £18,000 to £23,000.
- Superior thermal insulation engineers can get around £32,000 annually.
You'd usually work weekly for 41 hours, on weekdays. You may have to do overtime to meet up targets.
Your working circumstances can be dusty, cramped, dirty and hot and some works might include operating at heights.
This work may sometimes necessitate you to deal with hazardous materials such as asbestos. Therefore, you'd be given protecting outfits.
This work may engross lots of voyaging, which can indicate overnight-stays away from house for days/weeks.
Matters related to energy preservation and rules on the building's environmental-impact may bring on increased work chances. Employment openings are publicized by the regional newspapers, and website of IETA.
You could advance to technical, administrative and management positions, like contracts manager, foreperson or site-safety officer. You can also utilize your abilities to enter in associated fields, like air conditioning and refrigeration, or heating and ventilation engineering.
Administrative and Clerical Careers
Alternative Therapies Careers
Animals, Plants and Land Careers
Arts, Crafts and Design Careers
Catering Services Careers
Education and Training Careers
Environmental Sciences Careers
Financial Services Careers
General and Personal Services Careers
Legal Services Careers
Maintenance, Service and Repair Careers
Management And Planning Careers
Manufacturing And Engineering Careers
Marketing Sales And Advertising Careers
Medical Technology Careers
Medicine And Nursing Careers
Performing Arts Broadcast And Media Careers
Publishing And Journalism Careers
Retail Sales And Customer Service Careers
Science And Research Careers
Security And Uniformed Services Careers
Social Services Careers
Sport Leisure And Tourism Careers
Storage Dispatching And Delivery Careers